Job Posting The Senior Director, Pricing is a new opportunity within Covance’s Health Economics & Outcomes Research group. Responsibilities for this position will include but not be limited to the following:
Must be willing to travel up to 25%. Experience • At least 10 years of experience with new product pricing and life cycle management in a global environment for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or diagnostic and therapeutic medical device products.
- Play a critical role in developing and be responsible for the vision, strategy, and objectives of the Covance Market Access (CMA) global pricing services as well as the financial performance of the overall CMA consulting practice.
- Sell, conduct and oversee pharmaceutical or medical device pricing studies for Covance’s clients.
- Lead any team members who conduct pricing work to ensure that goals are consistently met or exceeded. Meet with clients to present results and strategic recommendations.
- Participate in recruiting and on boarding of new staff. Develop and mentor junior and senior staff.
- Develop and implement tactical plans to grow the pricing consulting business.
- Develop and manage project budgets.
- Participate in the sales process, generate new leads and identify opportunities to cross-sell CMA pricing services. Meet the sales targets for senior directors within consulting services.
- Responsible for regular communications, interactions and coordination with senior management. Education/Qualifications Bachelors Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
- Experience with lifecycle strategic pricing, post-launch price management, market channel net pricing policies, portfolio pricing and contract strategies, and pricing products moving to generic or receiving new indications desired.
- Ability to integrate the pricing, reimbursement, and pharmacoeconomic strategy with clinical development and marketing strategies.
- Experience working in a consulting environment, including overseeing projects, managing staff, selling work and serving clients.
- Proven track record of cultivating business and selling pricing consulting or similar services.
- Experience motivating a project team and a track record in strong development of people through management and leadership
- Experience presenting and generating alignment with high level executives on high stakes decisions.
- Experience leading a service line or business function desired, including development and implementation of business plans, financial goals, client account plans, and sales objectives.
- Knowledge of tools to build and document product value, including cost-effectiveness analysis desired.
- Understanding of US contracting for managed care rebates and charge backs desired.
- Knowledge of global payer and provider environments and their impact on sales, marketing, pricing and contracting, including performance-based risk-sharing strategies highly desired. EEO Employer Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...