Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That’s why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
The Senior role in Research BT who provides Business Technology (BT) leadership for the Oncology & West Coast BT team and four major Research Units centered in California (Rinat, CovX, Oncology Research Units, San Diego and San Francisco Centers for Therapeutic Innovation) and partner lines supporting these research units. The Oncology Research Unit has significant teams in both La Jolla and Pearl River New York.
Collaborates across the Business Technology organization (R&D BT, Infrastructure, Global Supply, Corporate Functions BT, etc.) for delivery of information technology solutions and services. Collaborates with Vaccines & Pearl River BT lead on service delivery to Vaccines teams located in La Jolla.
The lead leads and builds expert and engaged teams to provide services, products and processes to deliver successful outcomes for pharmaceutical R&D project teams.
Strategy & Business Results
Organization & Resources
- Shape how technology can be used to deliver business results
- Track and communicate business results, business cases, strategy and implementation plans
- Develop and maintain IT strategic roadmaps and operational plans to deliver business results
- Deliver a world-class scientific and IT system environment for the R&D lines
Architecture, Delivery and Services
- The lead directly manages a group of ~17 FTEs and a new project budget that is defined annually with the R&D Research Units and lines
- Builds world-class, high performing team
- Maintains a high level of industry expertise and connectivity with external technology and industry trends
- Leads a multi-disciplinary, globally distributed team with a mix of scientific and IT expertise
- Participateas a businesss leader in R&D leadership teams
- Ensure culture and programs are in place to attract, retain and develop the talent required for business success
- Manages internal and external services to anticipate and address business needs.
- Work closely with project teams and R&D leadership and lead governance teams
- Provides services to Research Units that enable and support scientific workflows, lab automation, regulatory compliance, data management and data analysis
- Provide the one-stop gateway for training and support for R&D applications
- Contribute to and maintain an enterprise systems architecture and information architecture to maximize the value of technology and information investments
Experience and demonstrated success in IT leadership, service and product delivery, IT governance, vendor management in a biopharmaceutical and biotechnology R&D environment.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated Experience building high performing teams
- 15 years industry experience in leadership roles, including senior IT management or pharmaceutical R&D roles.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Demonstrated success working with a scientific research environments senior scientists, executive management and end users.
- Demonstrated success leading, managing and collaborating in multi-site environments
College degree required in computer science or life science with significant IT and/or informatics leadership experience.
Advance degree in computer science, business or life science desired.
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS :
Job may rquire up to 25% travel between R&D locations
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Pfizer in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pfizer to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pfizer and the specific job and/or work site. Pfizer may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Pfizer's support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and Pfizer.
Pfizer Inc.: Working together for a healthier world®
At Pfizer, we apply science and our global resources to bring therapies to...