The Senior Director of Advisory Services will play a central role in the continued growth of the Huron Legal practice. The Senior Director will be able to manage client relationships and engagements out-of-the-gates and will leverage a strong track record of selling and delivering upon engagements across the AM Law 100 and Law departments of Fortune 500 companies.
The Senior Director role is multi-faceted. While activities will vary, approximately 60% of his/her time will focus on the delivery of expert services in the digital forensics and eDiscovery domain. Key client business issues range from information and evidence management to data preservation, analysis and presentation. The Senior Director will draw from his/her expertise to deliver insights with regard to discovery strategy, compliance, industry best practices, litigation readiness, cost reduction, operations efficiency and all phases of the EDRM. The Senior Director will also provide expert testimony at deposition and will serve as a 30(b)(6) Corporate Representative, Special Master or third-party neutral.
Approximately 40% of the Senior Director’s will be allocated to managing relationships and originating and closing engagements. He/she will connect client pain points to solutions; draft proposals; create and execute aggressive and achievable sales plans and commitments; and contribute to marketing strategy. With guidance as needed from their Practice Leader, the Senior Director will “own” their results and the process of getting them.
The Senior Director must adapt their communication, approach, and sales strategy to all organizational levels up to Partner, General Counsel and C-levels. Also important will be his/her capacity to build exceptional relationships internally with Huron’s Managing Director community.
While achievement of revenue goals is essential, equally important is the extent to which the Senior Director capitalizes on his/her industry reputation, subject matter expertise and the Huron brand to build long-term and indispensable client partnerships built squarely on Huron’s core values.
- Serve as a trusted client partner/advisor.
- Develop and articulate a clear grasp of services.
- Make concise and compelling presentations to a variety of audiences; capture the attention and engagement of the most demanding and time-pressed audiences.
- Balance the need to close business quickly while concurrently working with clients consultatively to identify client needs and match them with service offerings.
- Work in close partnership with Managing Directors to capture and maximize revenue opportunities.
- Proven capacity to leverage his/her personal reputation, credibility and industry expertise to foster long-term client partnerships; experience defining and delivering solutions that outpace or anticipate trends.
- A track-record of successfully selling and delivering digital forensics and expert services engagements; a demonstrable and documented track record of consistently achieving revenue targets.
- Market-making capabilities; Proven discipline with regard to developing and effectively executing detailed account plans, penetration strategies and pipeline management strategies.
- Demonstrated track-record of performing with excellence and desired effect in a hostile court room setting.
- Proven experience concurrently delivering and selling client engagements.
- A flexible approach to communication; able to adapt message quickly to the appropriate level or function with poise, polish, and relevance.
- A highly intelligent and energetic executive who quickly assesses business situations and acts in an informed and decisive manner to drive required results.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; ability to articulate complex subject matter to non technical audiences in a concise and compelling manner.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; the drive to build and grow a dynamic and vibrant business.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution. An advanced degree is preferred.