The Climate Corporation’s mission is to help all the world’s people and businesses manage and adapt to climate change. We aim to help farmers protect and increase their profits with uniquely powerful software and risk management products.
Our proprietary technology platform combines hyper-local weather monitoring, agronomic data modeling, and high-resolution weather simulations. With our platform we are able to deliver climate.com, a SaaS solution that helps farmers improve their profits by making better informed daily and seasonal operating decisions, and Total Weather Insurance, a line of parametric insurance products designed to pay farmers automatically for bad weather that may impact their profits.
The company is also one of only a few authorized providers of the U.S. Federal crop insurance program. This enables our network of independent crop insurance agents to provide farmers with the industry's only full-stack risk management solution. In the face of increasingly volatile weather, the global $3 trillion agriculture industry depends on the company's unique technologies to help protect and increase profits and, ultimately, help feed the world.
At The Climate Corporation, leaving a mark on the world is in our DNA; we want to make a lasting and meaningful real-world impact. We relish big problems because they are the most interesting to tackle, the most rewarding, and typically, the most valuable to solve. We also thrive on finding the possible in the impossible.
If you are the best at what you do, you like solving interesting problems, and you are looking for like-minded people dedicated to having a major impact in the world, we are eager to talk with you.
See our video about what it’s like to work at The Climate Corporation: http://www.climate.com/careers
Sr. Director of Marketing
You will lead a team that has responsibility for product marketing, channel marketing, advertising and corporate communications.
What you will do:
- Run strategic planning including corporate positioning, market and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product marketing.
- Oversee product marketing including conducting market and customer research, developing powerful value propositions, managing product launches, delivering material to channel enablement, creating sales presentations and competitive analysis tools and providing general sales support.
- Oversee corporate communications including branding, public relations, advertising, white papers, tradeshows, online and in person events, content and collateral development, analyst and market research as well as, website design and content either directly or on an outsourced basis.
- Define and implement direct and channel marketing lead generation programs and brand advertising
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all marketing programs and activities.
What You bring to the table
- You possess a passion for customers and unflinching desire to exceed their expectations
- You are a master at creating clear, differentiated, and customer-focused product positioning and messaging
- You have proven ability building and leading a high-powered team.
- You have a deep understanding of SaaS enterprise marketing, as well as how SMB channel providers work, think and are influenced
- You have a proven ability to building and leading a high-powered team that successfully prioritizes competing needs and meet deadlines while maintaining excellence
- You excel in building marketing programs based on sound quantitative analysis
- You possess a powerful intellect and you enjoy working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- You have a bachelors degree ideally in a scientific/technical discipline; MBA or scientific/technical post-graduate degree a plus
- 8+ years experience building sensational Enterprise/ SMB marketing teams.
What We Offer
Our team is composed of some of the most talented interdisciplinary minds in the industry. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, where we have come together to build a software-eats-the-world company that is dedicated to integrating a broad range of research disciplines and technologies into a single platform that provides a disruptive solution to an a fundamental part of the global economy, Agriculture
Competitive salary, excellent benefits, and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- We provide meals and a large assortment of snacks, drinks, fruits, coffee, and teas to help you get through the day
- Company sponsored outings, including go-kart races, kayaking, holiday yacht parties, and sporting events, etc.
- We encourage all employees to better understand our customers by getting out of the office and hearing firsthand from the agents and farmers our products serve
- Energetic idea-driven work environment with an exciting culture
- Exciting world-changing opportunity - we are solving problems that have a massive impact on the world
- A driven, talented team that aims to make a large-scale impact through an innovative research and technology platform