This position directs and leads all pharmacy operations and dispensing for PrimeMail by site, including but not limited to, staff management, operational productivity & performance of mail room, order processing, dispensing and packing, maintenance of automated dispensing systems, inventory management, and process improvement across the site. This position is also accountable for the successful execution and delivery of strategic projects.
- Set goals and direction in collaboration with internal stakeholders to accomplish Prime’s strategic goals and prepare for growth as the PBM of choice for Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans
- Lead, manage and continuously improve the processing and technology within order processing, dispensing operations, and inventory to improve the member experience and reduce operating costs
- Partner with finance, product and sales team to forecast volume.
- Enhance capacity planning models to accurately reflect staffing needs. Lead staff planning efforts.
- Balance staffing needs in line with profitability plans and ensure resource capacity for future growth
- Operational point of contact for aligning and approving performance guarantees. Report results, and provide recommendations/action plans.
- Create and meet financial plans, administer departmental budget and evaluate expense trends to meet and exceed business profitability objectives while maintaining high levels of quality and customer service
- Assure the documentation of processes and maintenance of procedures to ensure high quality data input/capture into the pharmacy, inventory and distribution processing system
- Partner across the organization and with other pharmacy site to develop and implement solutions designed to improve member/client satisfaction and streamline processes between functions for improved service delivery
- Develop and implement employee engagement plans and regularly assess progress while establishing and maintaining an environment that encourages teamwork, interdependence and ethical behavior
- Responsible for leadership development and talent management
- Coordinate disaster preparedness planning
- Manage vendors to meet established supply and material costs
- Ensure alignment with Pharmacy contracts and adherence to preferred products; create member and client value by providing therapeutically equivalent options to higher cost alternatives
- Responsible for industry benchmarking and setting organizational production targets for quality, timeliness, and cost
- Partner, collaborate and support the member experience organization in process improvements that reduce member dissatisfaction or abrasion
- Lead large scale projects and ensure successful delivery of desired business changes including definition, execution, management, process, metrics, technology as well as the management of any indirect business impact
- Provide oversight, management and communication for all aspects of project leadership including charter, business case, project plan, vendor management, budget, issues, decisions and risks
- Establish project steering committees comprised of key impacted stakeholders and provide regular reports to ensure awareness of project timelines, milestones, and risks
- Other duties as assigned
· Ability to travel up to 25% is required
Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 7-10 years of leadership experience in pharmacy operations
- 10 years managing a P&L
- Experience with owning and leading pharmacy projects with large scale business and technology impacts
- Successful track record and experience in meeting established client performance guarantees
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Demonstrated success as a director level leader of a high volume pharmacy operation
- Demonstrated success as a business project owner for at least one large multi-year and multi-million dollar business and technology implementation project
- Experience operating in a highly regulated environment
- Detailed professional experience with business operational process improvements such as order entry, fulfillment, distribution management
- Strong MS Office suite skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated success of presenting operational and project updates to the senior executive team
- Excellent interpersonal skills including team development, leadership, and conflict resolution
Prime's fast-paced and dynamic work environment is ideal for proactively addressing the constant changes in the health care industry. Our employees are involved, empowered, and rewarded for their achievements. We value new ideas and work collaboratively to provide the highest quality of care and service to our members.
If you are looking to advance your career within a growing and team-oriented company, apply to Prime today and start making a difference.
We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Prime Therapeutics - 18 months ago
Prime Therapeutics (Prime) is a thought leader in pharmacy benefit management. We help clients make smart health care management decisions...