As the Senior Director of Quality Engineering , you will be responsible for leading our QA team across multiple locations with a strong sense of quality ownership, strategic thinking, and the drive to identify functional problems and develop creative solutions. A solid background in a highly technical environment, extensive experience in standard QA and development tools and the agility to operate within short release cycles will empower you to effectively manage this team.
You’ll be working with a team of highly motivated QA engineers and developers – expect to both challenge and be challenged. You will be an integral part of our development team as your group defines, documents, analyzes, performs and automates tests for our products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Drive the overall product quality through the effective use of quality assurance methodologies and business analysis
* Establish, implement and champion best practices for quality assurance processes
* Develop more efficient and realistic customer-oriented testing
* Foster a collaborative, team environment that fosters creativity and performance improvement
* Work across organizations to maintain quality and ensure awareness of any issues, including the definition of a quality dashboard
* Participate in analyzing the life cycle of the product to ensure quality perspective in all aspects of product development, validation, delivery and maintenance
* Fully understand internal and external software processes and work across departments to improve product development processes as a means to improve product quality
* Drive process to effectively create an agile and lightweight workflow integrating CI and a roadmap for release
* Maintain efficient and effective communication and collaboration between internal teams
* Identify needs and allocate the appropriate resources to meet timely completion of specific project tasks
* Actively pursue issue resolution, and communicate project status/issues to business stakeholders and operations management
* Other duties as assigned
* 6-10+ years experience managing a team of quality assurance engineers
* Previous experience leading the transformation of product requirements into effective and comprehensive automation test infrastructure and test plans to ensure quality
* Solid understanding of Agile methodologies
* Experience managing multiple testing methodologies, tools and approaches (black box, white box and automated testing experience)
* Experience in managing complex functional testing projects that require a deep understanding of the application logic and dependencies
* Extensive knowledge of QA based tool sets(Quality Center, Rational, Selenium)
* Experience in an open source environment
* Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, impeccable organizational and time management skills
* Experience building, training and retaining a cross organizational QA team
* Experience in short release cycles, the full software lifecycle, and have worked on a product that was released for public consumption
*This position can be located in Buffalo, NY, Toronto, Ont., or the Boston, MA area. Some limited travel may be required.
Synacor - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...