How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Basic Function : Manage the Chapter's donor development program (annual gifts, major gifts, planned giving, and foundation giving).
Work Direction : Works under the direct supervision of the Sr. Donor Development (DD) Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with Chapter?s Executive Director, Sr. DD Director, national and chapter staff, and volunteers to exceed the Donor Development budget (stretch goal $1M).
- Assist in the development and execution of a long-range strategic plan (and supporting budget), and annual operating plans for donor development.
- Organize, coordinate, implement and expand programs that build and strengthen links to potential and existing donors.
- Partner with respective staff and volunteer leadership to expand development activities to increase the identification, education, cultivation, and stewardship of donors across all programs.
- Help identify and track prospects and develop and manage moves and solicitation strategies.
- Assist with the solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship of major gift donors and prospects.
- Oversee and manage donor portfolios and meeting follow-up.
- Develop materials, correspondence, proposals, etc. (some with national office).
- Develop mail piece specific to campaign participants and other audiences.
- Partner with Sr. DD Director and Patient Services Manager to develop grant proposals for foundations whose guidelines are a match with our mission.
- Organize research education events, estate planning seminars, and other donor cultivation and recognition events for top campaign participants, donors and sponsors.
- Develop and manage annual donor stewardship calendar and coordinate activities.
- Make donor calls to acknowledge incoming gifts.
- Ensure that the logistics and budget/timelines are met for each assigned activity.
- Manage and maintain accurate and complete financial records.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum education - Bachelor's degree.
Minimum 3 years experience in donor development, including major gifts, planned giving, and foundation giving, with a proven record of success.
Understanding of fundraising, organizing and planning events, and other development activities.
Self-starter, goal-oriented, good time management skills.
Experience working with high-level donors and volunteers.
Highly professional demeanor and engaging interpersonal skills.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively in a fast paced environment.
Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
Highly organized, detail oriented.
Able to develop systems and processes to effectively manage to outcomes.
Solid word processing and database management skills.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you are qualified and interested, please send your cover letter and resume, which must include salary requirements to:
Fax : (408) 490-2663
E-mail : Recruiting_CAJ@LLS.org
No phone calls please.
To apply on-line, go to:
Senior Donor Development Manager - Silicon Valley Chapter
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.