Aker Solutions provides oilfield products, systems and services for customers in the oil and gas industry world-wide. The company's knowledge and technologies span from reservoir to production and through the life of a field.
Aker Solutions brings together engineering and technologies for oil and gas drilling, field development and production. The company employs approximately 25 000 people in more than 30 countries. They apply the knowledge and create and use technologies that deliver their customers' solutions.
We are looking for individuals who are prepared to take a position. Not only a position within Aker Solutions, but also a position on the exciting challenges the global oil and gas industry faces now and in the future
Aker Solutions, with North America locations in Houston, Mobile, Calgary and St. Johns, is looking for talented individuals who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the oil and gas market.
Responsibilities and tasks
As part of the Front End Engineering group for offshore field development your tasks and responsibilities will be to;
• Establish Power System Philosophies for new field developments
• Size, specify and select electrical equipment and provide input to the Master Equipment List (MEL) and the Electrical Load List, and initiate and maintain vendor contact
• Provide instrumentation and control input to P&IDs
• Execute special studies such as power system analysis, driver selection studies for rotating equipment, redundancy philosophy, load shedding philosophy, power profile and heat balance study, and HAZOP/HAZID studies.
• Develop lists, drawings and diagrams including Single Line Diagrams, Block Diagrams, Local Equipment Room Layout drawings, Fire & Gas Detection Plans, Control Loop Diagrams, Control System Architecture drawings, Hazardous Zone drawings, Instrument Lists, Instrument Data Sheets, actuated valve lists.
• Write and/or contribute to the development of technical documents, typically associated with proposals, pre-FEED and FEED studies and detailed engineering phases.
• Coordinate with Design/Drafting/PDMS Lead in generation of drawings and review and approve relevant content of issued drawings.
• Contribute actively to the growth and profile of the company through participation in technical associations and preparation of papers/presentations.
• Participate in technology development and maintain current knowledge of technology developments in the areas of responsibility and Industry and Regulatory Standards.
Qualifications & personal attributes
• Bachelor or Masters degree in Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering
• Minimum 7 to 10 years of relevant experience with floating or fixed offshore oil and gas topsides production facilities design and analysis with good multidiscipline understanding.
• Field Development project experience with pre-FEED, FEED and execution, (e.g. procurement, detailed engineering, construction, factory acceptance testing, pre-commissioning, offshore hook-up and commissioning) is highly desirable
• Strong familiarity with applicable local (i.e. US Gulf of Mexico) and international regulatory and industry standards including USCG, BOEM, BSEE, API, ASME, NACE, ABS and DNV.
• Innovative and creative mindset, with strong customer focus
• Self-motivated team player able to multi-task, with good organizational and communication skills, fluent in the English language, verbal and written.
•Friendly colleagues in an industry with a bright future
•An environment where you are encouraged to develop your skills and share your knowledge with your colleagues
•Competitive benefits and strong focus on work-life balance
Aker Solutions is a leading global oil services company with more than 150 years of industrial history and successful development. Today we have over 23,000 employees in over 30 countries. We are a growing company in developing markets and emerging regions. In North America, Aker Solutions operates eight business units creating many opportunities for our employees and customers.
By joining Aker Solutions, you will work as a valued member of the team tackling challenging work and looking for opportunities to innovate. Most positions enjoy a business casual environment and flexible work schedule with competitive benefits beginning your first day.
Aker Solutions is a leading global provider of engineering and construction services, technology products and integrated solutions. The...