With the transition of the Data Management Coordination Center from external vendor to ITN staff, this position is being created to manage all ETL processing and related activities.
This is a hands-on senior developer position implementing, maintaining, and operating data parsing and ETL processes as well as developing and maintaining stored procedures and database components. Understanding and knowledge of data structures related to clinical trial and bioinformatics data is a strong plus. This role reports to the Database Architect/Technical Leader.
This role will be responsible for the creation of ETL and data import processes using SQL, TSQL, .Net. C#, from SQL Server 2008. Data sources will be varied and may include Oracle, Excel, flat files as well as other SQL Servers. The ability to acquire and parse data is a key component of this role and candidates will serve as the technical lead for ETL services.
A significant function within this role will be working directly with business subject matter experts defining new data source specifications and the on-going duration of existing data stores to ensure integrity and relevance is maintained to meet current business and analytic requirements. Expertise is required in both reporting system implementations and the capability to mentor and educate business teams in both the technology and use of internal tools and data processing. Duties will also require monitoring and addressing issues within critical operational data loads including evenings and weekends.
• Bachelor's degree in information science, data management, computer science or related field.
• Two years experience with ETL processes and design.
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 & 2008.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, and must display strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with all management levels along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of SQL and T-SQL Syntax.
• Experience using MSSQL Server tools including, SSIS, Reporting Services and related MS SQL Server components.
• VBA Syntax for development in the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database logic problems.
• Experience in performance tuning and optimization using MS SQL Server monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
• Good communication and documentation skills.
University of California San Francisco - 15 months ago