The Oregon Public Utility Commission (PUC) is seeking a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of Utility and Energy Analyst 3, Senior Economist
The PUC is the State of Oregon agency responsible for the regulation of investor-owned utilities, regulated water companies, and the telecommunications industry. The PUC serves all Oregonians as the final authority for decisions related to the price and quality of service within these industries.
The Senior Economist conducts research on a broad range of energy issues to assist the Commission in evaluating the role of regulation and/or deregulation and in developing policies that encourage utilities to provide high quality services at fair and reasonable rates. Major duties include:
* Conducts complex economic, statistical, and financial research on a wide range of policy issues as assigned.
* Analyzes energy utility applications for authorization by the Commission to issue debt securities.
* Analyzes complex issues and evaluates other parties' written testimony; formulates PUC objectives, policy, and strategy and writes testimony based upon analysis; defends testimony in formal hearings.
* Collaborates with other analysts in analyzing electric and natural gas rate issues.
* Leads or participates in teams to ensure proposed rates filed in compliance to Commission orders produce the level of revenues adopted by the Commission.
* Provides written testimony and verbally testifies in formal state and federal hearings concerning regulatory policies and recommendations.
* Prepares cross-examination questions to be asked of company and intervener witnesses; assists Attorney General's Office in preparation of legal briefs.
A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics.
Four years of professional-level work experience in Finance or Economics.
Seven years of work experience directly applicable to Finance or Economics; four of which must be at the professional level.
A Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics will substitute for one year of the professional level work experience.
A Doctorate in Business Administration, Finance or Economics will substitute for two years of the professional level work experience.
In addition, we are specifically recruiting for the preferred qualifications below. Applicants who are best able to demonstrate these attributes will be contacted for an interview.
Professional level work experience with an electric or natural gas utility, a state public utility commission or energy-related public or federal agency.
Professional level work experience developing written comments and recommendations intended to inform or influence the decision making of an energy-related public agency or multi-million annual dollar revenue corporation.
Knowledge of electric, natural gas utility or multi-million annual dollar revenue corporation development of rates or charges.
Knowledge of electric, natural gas utility, or multi-million annual dollar revenue corporation marginal cost to supply service to customers.
Knowledge of electric and natural gas utility, or multi-million annual dollar revenue corporation cost of attracting capital.
Advanced degree in Economics or related field.
In addition to a great work atmosphere, PUC provides excellent employee benefits including a comprehensive health plan, state paid retirement contributions and generous paid leave.
To view the complete job announcement including salary information and application instructions please visit our jobs page at: www.oregon.gov/puc click on 'Jobs at PUC' and view the job announcement 'PUC13-0010 - Utility and Energy Analyst 3 (Senior Economist).'
PUC is an EEO/AA employer.
To Apply for this position, please CLICK HERE
EnergyCentralJobs.com - 9 months ago