The Boston Parents Paper, publishers of an award-winning monthly magazine, multiple ancillary publications and the website BostonParentsPaper.com, seeks a talented, highly experienced Senior Editor to direct and produce print and online content compelling to our readership of more than 150,000 parents across Eastern Massachusetts. |
• interacts with parents and local/national experts in parenting, education and child health and development fields;
• develops content for our various products (through edit plans, article assignments, some writing of articles; and editing of all material); and
• oversees a part-time associate editor, a freelance calendar editor and numerous freelance writers;
The Senior Editor works closely with the Publisher and the design staff to ensure a polished product in print and online. The Senior Editor also represents the Boston Parents Paper in the community by being accessible to readers, proactively and routinely soliciting their input, being present at select events and appearing with local media partners as appropriate to heighten our brand’s presence in the community.
The successful candidate must have:
• An undergraduate degree in journalism.
• At least three years of recent print and web media editing and writing experience.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills, reporting/research skills and sound editorial judgment.
• Ability to write and edit compelling copy.
• Ability to consistently and precisely edit to preferred style.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Web browser, email and Macintosh computer systems a must. Experience writing for the Web through back-end platforms preferred.
• Ability to appropriately represent our publications in public, through media appearances and at events.
The Boston Parents Paper is an affiliated publication and website of Dominion Parenting Media / Dominion Enterprise, Inc. Dominion Enterprises offers a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401 (K). Dominion Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports Workplace Diversity. Drug testing employer.
If you have the skills and seek a challenging growth opportunity, email cover letter, resume and published clips to (no calls please): Jean Greco at E-mail: Jean.Greco@parenthood.com
Dominion Enterprises - 2 years ago