Stanley Consultants is seeking a Sr. CAD Technician with electrical design experience to work in our Muscatine, IA office.
The successful candidate should have general knowledge on drafting equipment plans, bus layouts, equipment sections, grounding grid, underground conduit route, one-line diagrams, three-line diagrams, wiring diagrams, schematics, foundation plans, steel structure, T-line plan & profiles, pole assemblies and details sheet drawings using AutoCAD or MicroStation software. Projectwise and database linked drawing experience a plus.
Primary functions will consist of drafting electrical substations and transmission line related drawings.
• Revise and/or create drawings under direct supervision from verbal and written instructions, marked prints, sketches, computations, and sources prepared by others.
• Assemble information as directed by drafting or task leads.
• Familiarize self with engineering and construction terms and symbols.
• Integrate drafting techniques per company standards.
• Check for drafting inconsistencies between drawings.
• Use data gathered for projects from catalogs and other reference materials as directed.
• Prepare and print drawing packages for internal review and client submittals, following company file/archive naming system.
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
• Occasional field work to aid in the development of drawings for new installations and existing facilities may be required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
• AutoCAD or MicroStation
• 5+ years of relevant experience (see job description above)
Preferred skills, education and experience:
• Database linked drawing