Designer, Senior (Electrical)
1. Prepares detailed drawings/models of unusual, complex or original design for a complete phase of a project requiring the application of theoretical and practical design knowledge.
2. Checks work assigned to lower-level CAD Technicians and Designers for technical quality, accuracy and compliance with customer, Company and discipline standards.
3. May lead a small project or a phase of a large project performing project discipline administrative tasks including: developing and monitoring manpower and schedule requirements, establishing discipline design requirements, maintaining design and drafting data, and preparing work share packages.
4. Ensures project discipline deliverables for technical quality, accuracy and compliance with Company standards.
5. Prepares design sketches utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge for drawing/model preparation by lower-level Designers or CAD Technicians. Reviews and resolves 3D model interferences/clashes.
6. Participates in the training and mentoring of new CAD Technicians and Designers. Provides input to performance appraisals of lower-level personnel assigned to project.
7. Supports field assignments as required.
SKILLS / BACKGROUND:
Potential candidate should have a strong electrical design and drafting background and have the ability to:
1. Create electrical detail and wiring schematic drawings from field and redline notes.
2. Experience with designing electrical systems in hazardous areas.
3. Knowledge of onshore gas processing facility, including some utility process systems.
4. Working knowledge of electrical codes/standards (ANSI, NFPA 70/NEC, OSHA 1910, API RP 500 codes and standards).
5. Knowledge of electrical (ISA) symbology is a must.
6. Experience with sizing conductors, conduit and cable trays, protective devices, power panels, transformers and generators.
7. Previous field experience desirable.
8. Experience with designing variable speed drives/motors installations.
9. Experience with developing 1-line diagrams, control schematics and grounding plans.
10. Skilled at Microsoft Office Suite software; Qualified candidate must possess working knowledge of AutoCAD 2009 or later and commensurate with CAD experience. Drawing file management requires use of Microsoft Windows NT, Excel, Outlook and Word.
· Typically eight years progressively responsible discipline related design experience;
· AA degree or completion of technical courses with 5-7 years of relevant experience.
· Senior level design position performs difficult and complex work assignments involving independent judgment to determine a course of action consistent with established functional and organization's policies and goals.
· Ability to lead and/or train lesser seasoned individuals.
· Familiar with basic engineering and/or design/drafting concepts.
· Has general understanding of other disciplines' roles in the design process.
· Able to complete tasks in accordance with project procedures and applicable codes and/or standards. Able to discuss routine technical problems and communicate effectively with immediate supervisor and other project personnel.
· Able to utilize advanced PC, 2D CAD, and 3D CAD tools (if applicable), and other applicable hardware and software to perform duties.
· Proficient in design and able to utilize design tools effectively as well as provide training and conduct simple checking as needed.
· Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities important.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential to effectively teach what they know to other employees.
· Commitment to customer service and ability to guide department personnel in partnership with and during manager's absence is essential.
· Ability to maintain confidential information critical.
· Generally characterized as a ''Senior'', with the ability to conceptually interpret and guide the department program design and development.
· Able to lead and/or train project teams.
· Performs difficult drafting/design and/or technical support assignments, requiring the application of advanced drafting and fundamental design techniques, and engineering and mathematical principles, in accordance with established standards and procedures.
· Typically will regularly interface with departmental staff and middle and upper management, and frequently with outside customers.
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Location: North America
Rigzone.com - 9 months ago