Senior Electrical Engineer (Macon)
Open Date: Thursday, April 17, 2014
Close Date: Thursday, May 8, 2014
An Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabilities/Veterans. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H-1B or any other work visa petitions.
Must apply online through corporate website at www.clarknexsen.com.
Celebrating over 90 years of success, Clark Nexsen, PC is a full-service, multi-discipline architectural and engineering design firm. We are headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia with offices in Washington DC, Raleigh, Charlotte, and Asheville, NC, Richmond and Roanoke, VA, and Macon, Brunswick, and Atlanta, GA. Our 475+ employees enjoy competitive compensation and benefits, an upbeat and professional work environment, and numerous opportunities for career development. We are ranked among the top 200 international A/E design firms by Engineering News-Record and have been recognized many times as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work. We promote strong ties with the communities in which we live and work - our employees are involved in countless community service projects.
Generous benefits include Health, Dental, 401k, Short- and Long-term Disability, Vacation/Sick. Optional Aflac, Flexible Benefits, and Legal Resources available.
We seek to hire a senior-level Electrical Engineer in our Macon, Georgia office who will be responsible for performing, directing, and supervising all aspects of electrical engineering on multi-discipline building design projects of moderate to large scope for industrial, commercial and government facilities.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Performing all aspects of electrical engineering design (specifically power distribution) as a senior or lead engineer, including Conceptual Studies, Program Requirements, Design Analysis, Calculations, Equipment selection and layout, and System selection and layout for building design and site electrical utilities
• Preparing fee proposals for building design electrical engineering services
• Meeting with clients to prepare and/or validate proposed scope of work for building design electrical engineering services
• Providing oversight and coordination of electrical engineering projects and the electrical engineering portion of multi-discipline projects, and working with assigned project managers to meet client's budget, contract fees, goals, objectives, and deadlines
• Coordinating, supervising, and communicating all aspects of electrical design within multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that electrical design details integrate properly with all other disciplines represented on the design team
• Directing, supervising, training, and ensuring quality control of junior electrical engineers and designers
• Ensuring compliance with quality control policies and procedures and providing electrical engineering QC reviews for other engineers and designers.
• Preparing and supervising the preparation of accurate and complete electrical project programming, schematic designs, design development designs, and construction documents.
• Providing and supervising electrical engineering support services during the bidding process, i.e., preparing addenda, amendments, open bids, tabulate bids, etc.
• Performing and directing electrical engineering construction phase services including representing the firm on-site, answering RFI's, reviewing shop drawings, preparing as-builts, etc.
• Working with, responding to, and taking direction from project managers, managing principals, Operations Directors, and Senior Management
• Mentoring and monitoring the professional development of junior mechanical engineering staff
The ideal candidate will have the following formal education:
• Graduate of an ABET-accredited 4-, 5-, or 6-year engineering program in one of the following disciplines:
o Electrical Engineering (Building design or power distribution focus)
o Electrical Engineering Technology (Building design or power distribution focus)
o Architectural Engineering (Electrical Engineering focus)
o Architectural Engineering Technology (Electrical Engineering focus)
Some additional consideration will be given to candidates with the following education:
• Post graduate degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering
Note: licensed PE applicants who do not meet the above educational requirements may be considered if otherwise well-qualified
Licenses, Certifications, and Accreditations
The ideal candidate will have earned the following licenses, certifications, and accreditations:
• Must be a fully licensed Professional Engineer in at least one US state, preferably in Georgia or eligible for reciprocity in Georgia
Some additional consideration will be given to candidates with the following:
• LEED AP Accredited Professional (LEED AP)
• Lighting Certified (LC)
• Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
• Certified Lighting Efficiency Professional (CLEP)
• Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following software programs:
• MS Office
• SKM Systems Analysis/Power Tools
• Lighting Design software
And familiarity with the following:
• Autodesk Revit
• Autodesk Navisworks
• Bentley MicroStation
• Bentley BIM MEP
The ideal candidate will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and substantial (preferably 10+ years) A/E consulting experience as a lead or senior electrical engineer with:
(Primary Skills Needed)
• Building power distribution design
• Medium voltage primary distribution design
• Coordination and arc flash analysis experience
• Lighting design
• Communication systems design
• Lightning protection design
• Security systems design
• Senior designer experience
• Sustainable building design and the LEED certification process
• Significant knowledge of the International Building Code and National Electrical Code
• Experience supervising and mentoring junior electrical engineering staff
Design Project Experience
The ideal candidate will have project management experience in building design of industrial facilities and one or more of the following types of design projects:
• Design Build projects
• Commercial facilities
• DOD and Military facilities
• K-12 Schools
• Colleges and Universities
• Hospitals, Medical, or Healthcare facilities
• Laboratories and Research facilities
• Projects exceeding $20 million in construction value
• LEED certified projects
• Projects utilizing BIM principles and software
The ideal candidate will:
- Present an organized application and resume. Affirmative answers to relevant experience questions in the application should be clearly backed up in the application itself and within your resume(which can be attached).
- Possess excellent written communication skills, being able to prepare effective and concise documents
- Possess strong verbal communication skills
- Have an enthusiastic, client-oriented, can-do attitude with a desire to provide outstanding professional services
- Be dedicated to his or her professional development as well as the success of colleagues and the firm as a whole
Clark Nexsen - 8 months ago