Position opened: 05/05/2014
Position closed: 05/27/2014
Listing 2.04.01 v2
An Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabilities/Veterans. AAP. Drug -free workplace. E-verify. Applicant must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H-1B or any other work visa petitions.
Must apply online through corporate website at www.clarknexsen.com.
Celebrating over 90 years of success, Clark Nexsen is a full-service, multi-discipline architectural and engineering design firm. We are headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia with offices in Washington DC, Raleigh, Ashville and Charlotte, NC, Richmond and Roanoke, VA, and Macon, Brunswick, and Atlanta, GA. Our 475+ employees enjoy competitive compensation and benefits, an upbeat and professional work environment, and numerous opportunities for career development. We are ranked among the top 200 international A/E design firms by Engineering News-Record and have been recognized many times as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work. We promote strong ties with the communities in which we live and work - our employees are involved in countless community service projects.
Generous benefits include Health, Dental, 401k, Short- and Long-term Disability, Vacation/Sick. Optional Aflac, Flexible Benefits, and Legal Resources available.
We seek to hire a senior-level Electrical Engineer in our corporate headquarters (Norfolk/ VA. Beach, VA) who will be responsible for all aspects of electrical engineering on multi-discipline building design projects of moderate to large scope. Specific responsibilities include:
- Performing all aspects of electrical engineering design as a senior or lead engineer, including Conceptual Studies, Program Requirements, Design Analysis, Calculations, Equipment selection and layout, and System selection and layout for building design and site electrical utilities
- Preparing fee proposals
- Meeting with clients to prepare and/or validate proposed scope of work
- Managing projects, and working with assigned project managers, to meet client's budget, contract fees, goals, objectives, and deadlines
- Coordinating and communicating all aspects of electrical design within multi-disciplinary teams
- Directing, supervising, training, and ensuring quality control of junior engineers and designers
- Ensuring compliance with quality control policies and procedures and providing QC reviews for other engineers and designers.
- Preparing accurate and complete project programming, schematic designs, design development designs, and construction documents.
- Providing support services during the bidding process, i.e., preparing addenda, amendments, open bids, tabulate bids, etc.
- Performing construction phase services including representing the firm on-site, answering RFI's, reviewing shop drawings, preparing as-builts, etc.
The ideal candidate will have the following formal education:
Additional consideration will be given to candidates with:
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Electrical Engineering Technology
- BS in Architectural Engineering (electrical engineering focus)
Licenses, Certifications, and Accreditations
- Post-graduate education, degrees or certification in Electrical Engineering
The ideal candidate will have earned the following licenses, certifications, and accreditations:
Additional consideration will be given to candidates who have earned:
- Licensed Professional Engineer, preferably in Virginia
- LEED AP Accredited Professional (LEED AP)
- Lighting Certified (LC)
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following software programs:
Additional consideration will be given to candidates who have experience with the following:
- MS Office
- Autodesk Revit
- Bentley MicroStation
- Bentley BIM MEP
- SKM Systems Analysis/Power Tools
- Lighting Design Software
The ideal candidate will have significant (8+ years) A/E consulting experience as a lead or senior electrical engineer. Additional consideration will be given to candidates who have experience supervising and mentoring junior electrical engineering staff.
Design Project Experience
The ideal candidate will have project management experience in one or more of the following types of design projects:
- Design Build projects
- Commercial facilities
- DOD and Military facilities
- Hospitals, Medical, or Healthcare facilities
- Industrial facilities
- Laboratories and Research facilities
- Projects exceeding $20 million in construction value
- LEED certified projects
The ideal candidate will:
- Present an organized application and resume. Affirmative answers to relevant experience questions in the application should be clearly backed up in the application itself and within your resume (which can be attached).
- Possess good communication skills. (Your online application and resume will be reviewed for written communication skills, completeness, and attention to detail.)
- Have an enthusiastic, client-oriented, can-do attitude with a desire to provide outstanding professional services
- Be dedicated to his or her professional development as well as the success of colleagues and the firm as a whole
Clark Nexsen - 8 months ago