Requisition ID: 51740
- Organization: Power
- Location: Monticello, MN
This position is for an Electrical Senior Engineer performing as a lead electrical site resident engineer participating in the production of power system designs on modifications to an existing nuclear power facility with work location in Monticello, MN with overall responsibility for the production and coordination of engineering deliverables required to complete construction of a nuclear power plant.
Generally the position provides engineering support of design through plant construction and start-up. The position may also have responsibility for the technical direction and training of more junior engineers and designers.
This individual will work under the direction of the site project engineer and coordinate with electrical engineering group supervisor and will be responsible for the following:
The individual will produce and/or provide coordination in the production of specifications for electrical equipment in accordance with project requirements. Additionally the individual will perform related technical evaluations of suppliers and review and approval of equipment design drawings. The candidate must also participate in the Walk down of existing plant equipment and generation of walk down packages. The selected candidate must work effectively within and outside the Bechtel Disciplines and with the client organization and Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)
- Production and coordination of discipline design drawings, specifications, calculations and design details including but not limited to:
- Single line/three line drawings
- Control schematics and logics
- Wiring diagrams and terminations
- Quantity tracking databases
- Equipment and cable sizing calculations
The position requires knowledge of industry regulatory standards, and design criteria pertinent to the electrical discipline including conformance to Equipment Qualification (EQ), Electrical Separation and Appendix R.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Bachelors of Science in Engineering Technology (BSEET).
- Minimum of 8 years of practical design experience in electrical engineering within an industry related to the above.
- Candidate must be capable of passing nuclear security screening requirements and be able to obtain an unescorted access clearance to a nuclear power plant facility.
- Candidate must be capable of passing the client’s technical training program covering the plant operating systems, plant operating and maintenance features
- Must be capable of assisting the home office design team with site information and must have excellent coordination skills with the client and the design teams.
- Must be flexible and willing to take business trips
- Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
- Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical design experience in electrical engineering within the power industry.
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of practical design experience in electrical engineering with in an industry related to the above.
- Professionally registered engineer (PE) in the US.
- Experience in 2D Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD)
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 17 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...