A customer-oriented, senior-level engineer to act as a subject matter expert in image processing and signal/image processing algorithm research, development, and analysis. Candidate will conduct applied research and development for signal and image processing algorithms as well as assess the maturity and performance envelope of algorithms and related functions for single or multiple sensors to optimize and facilitate the transition of automation technology to the field. This includes performing applied R&D to improve state-of-the-art signal and image processing techniques for target detection using both imaging and non-imaging sensors as well as performing data analysis in the study of the underlining detection phenomenology. Candidates must have familiarity with signal and image processing techniques using real sensor data (e.g. Long-Wave Infrared (LWIR), Mid-Wave Infrared (MWIR), Short-Wave Infrared (SWIR), multi-color (MWIR/LWIR), hyper-spectral LWIR, SAR, RADAR, visible, and acoustic sensors).
Duties of the subject matter expert will include, but not be limited to, the design, analysis, and development of prototype novel signal processing algorithms using sensor data and possibly fused sensor data in order to detect objects of interest. These algorithms would be developed with a thorough knowledge of signal processing techniques, sensor characteristics, object characteristics, and object feature selection in order to detect targets in sensor data. Knowledge of target characteristic would be obtained through experiments and analysis of sensor data. The development and analysis of signal and image processing routines would be furthered through hands-on experience in the integration of these new and novel algorithms into field demonstrations to confirm algorithm performance over a wide set of sensor data characteristics. This would be done in a test-fix-test process to refine overall system performance. All results and technical approaches would be documented in both internal reports as well as publications in relevant journals and conferences.
· Specialized knowledge and experience with image processing and image processing algorithm development
· Knowledge of, and/or experience in, image processing for object recognition
· Knowledge of, and/or experience in, image enhancement
· Knowledge of, and/or experience in, pattern recognition
· Knowledge of, and/or experience in, object tracking
· Knowledge of, and/or experience in, computational imaging
· Knowledge of, and/or experience in, sensor data processing
· This position will require daily interaction with government and contractor staff and effective coordination with diverse teams (engineering, management, operations).
· Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a system engineering team
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
· Minimum MS in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
· Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate in Electrical Engineering or related discipline preferred
EOIR Technologies - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard