MTS Systems Corporation is a leading global supplier of high-performance test systems and position sensors. The Company’s testing hardware and software solutions help customers accelerate and improve their design, development, and manufacturing processes and are used for determining the mechanical behavior of materials, products, and structures.
We are seeking a Sr. Electrical Engineer who thrives in a highly dynamic and team oriented work environment. In this position, the successful candidate will work directly with experienced engineers and technicians in delivering projects ranging from Engineered to Order projects to fully custom solutions. The primary objective of this position is for high level design, build, checkout, and support electrical subsystems comprised of a mix of proprietary MTS controller hardware and commercial off the shelf (COTS) components. COTS components include industrial hardware including PLC’s, electric drives, safety controllers, and electric panels.
Major Areas of Accountability:
· Support projects and product development in a team setting by delivering electric subsystems of the test equipment
· Follow MTS processes and procedures. Adhere to accepted industry and MTS standards.
· Support Sales and sale pursuits by providing technical guidance and project cost estimates
· Support other functions and promote cross-functional environment (Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Checkout) to ensure efficient project delivery
· Lead electrical portion of a project which may include work direction for an electrical designer
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 7+ years’ experience
· Familiar and comfortable working on industrial electrical power up to 480V, 3 phase.
· Demonstrated programming experience for PLC’s and HMI’s required
· Experience with Siemens, Twido, Wago PLC’s highly desired, experience with Pilz Safety family of products also highly desired
· Demonstrated experience with working on electrical panels and cable assemblies desired
· Basic knowledge of electric motor and drive theory of operation desired
· Certification experience with NEC, NFPA 79, European electrical design standards and directives is desired
· Instrumentation and signal conditioning experience is a plus
· Experience with ePLAN P8 is a plus
· Travel possible
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...