O'Brien & Gere is actively seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer for our Vestal, NY office. The position has exciting opportunities for a team player with strong technical expertise, good communication skills and a willingness to be involved in a wide range of professional engineering challenges. The right candidate should have a P.E. license minimum of 10 to 15 years experience as a consultant in design and specification of building primary and secondary electrical distribution, lighting, communication, fire alarm, HVAC and process controls and site-wide electrical primary infrastructure for Federal and State clients.
This opportunity will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Ability to manage multi-task and respond in a positive manner to federal driven projects.
- Alignment with the IBU, MBU, and EBU. It is a priority to collaborate with Project Managers and Project Engineers on facility, energy, environmental, and water projects primarily resulting from the federal sector.
- Is willing to and capable of responding to a flexible and changing project environment which will include: Higher Education projects, Federal and Military projects, Facilities, new building and building renovation, Design-Build projects and electrical infrastructure projects
- Conduct Code Reviews and prepare Basis of Design and conceptual designs to address Client’s program requirements.
- Have understanding and skills to conduct field verification tasks, confirm as-built conditions and identify any code deficiencies.
- Manage and prepare project technical design packages to include plans and specifications.
- Manage the preparation of construction drawings either directly in AutoCAD and/or REVIT or client requested software.
- Understands electrical system modeling and is familiar with SKM and / or Easy Power software
- Understands and can apply short circuit, and protective device coordination
- Has fundamental medium voltage distribution system design experience
- Is familiar with facility power distribution, communication systems, lighting , fire alarm, HVAC and grounding system design
- Understands and can apply the fundamentals of NFPA 70E including calculations and subsequent PPE requirements
- Is interested in developing long term internal and external client relationships
- Is willing to travel to client project locations for project execution and client relationship purposes
- Use good judgment for impromptu problem solving.
- Work in a cost-effective, customer-focused, team-based environment.
- Visible presence, strong communication and follow-up with internal project leaders.
- Is willing to accept challenges and learn new skills with a high level of self motivation
- Has the ability to lead a project’s electrical discipline
- Be the project professional engineer in responsible charge for electrical design.
- Demonstrated effective communications and negotiation skills
- Knowledge in building and electrical codes
- Independently evaluate and apply standard engineering practices and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Previous experience with a consulting engineering or A/E firm.
- Experience in Federal and/or State electrical design and construction activities.
- 10-15 + years experience
- Registered Electrical Engineer (plus NCARB to allow for registrations in multiple States)
- Design/Build project delivery experience a plus
- LEED Accreditation a plus
O'Brien & Gere - 2 years ago