Senior Electrical Engineer - Verathon ®
Verathon ® is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to become the newest member of our New Product Development team located in the Bothell, WA headquarters. The Senior Electrical Engineer will be will be responsible for critical hardware & system development in support of our latest medical equipment portfolio. This experienced Senior Electrical Engineer is expected to work with the team to provide technical acumen and development for a variety of technologies. This position will be an integral part of the phase gate Product Development Process (PDP) from concept generation to product launch.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Act as technical lead
- - manage team of electrical engineers to fulfill phase gate requirements of Verathon's PDP process
Research, plan, design, prototype, test, and debug high-reliability and high-performance electronic medical devices based on embedded and PC technology
- Develop custom mixed signal circuit designs
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop advanced solutions to medical problems
- Develop products that incorporate Design for Test & Design for Manufacture (DFT/DFM) concepts and comply with regulatory requirements
- Produce design documentation, including BOM's and system specifications
- Assist with product verification & validation through in house and third party testing
- Assist with product transfer to production
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 10 years of new product development experience with a proven track record of leading a team of engineers in the development and commercialization of products within a regulated industry such as medical imaging or medical equipment
- Mixed signal experience (analog & digital)
- Low voltage power supply design experience
- Hands-on lab skills including prototyping, testing, and debugging
- Expert with oscilloscopes, DVMs, spectrum analyzers, and other common electronic instruments
- Expert with Schematic Capture (OrCad or equivalent), MatLab, and other EE design tools
- Detail oriented, methodical, well organized, and interested in the latest technology
- "Self-starter", highly motivated, strong commitment to meeting company's needs
- Able to make independent judgments using sound engineering principles and techniques
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Ultrasound experience
- Experience with signal processing, algorithm development, and data analysis
- Programming experience using C and assembly language
- 5+ years developing medical products
- Knowledge of FDA, IEC, and ISO regulations and guidelines
- Advanced degree is preferred
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the health care industry.
Verathon was acquired by Roper Industries (US Ticker symbol ROP) in December 2009 as a platform for future acquisitions leveraging the talented management team and extraordinary channel development in developed country markets.
Verathon offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package to full-time employees including company sponsored health plan, 401k with match, wellness and tuition reimbursement and the advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.
Verathon - 16 months ago