McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
Established in 1960, McKinstry is a full-service design, build, operate and maintain (DBOM) firm with over 1,600 employees. McKinstry"s professional staff and trades people deliver consulting, construction, energy, and facility services. As an early adopter of the DBOM process, the company advocates collaborative and sustainable solutions that are designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and ultimately optimize client profitability for the life of their building. While we are well known for our expertise in design build delivery, our full service offerings of mechanical, electrical, data and plumbing have been the hallmark of our success.
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join the team as a member of our growing Electrical division. This person will be responsible for:
- Participates in design start meetings for a new project. Includes budget review, electrical power and lighting design, equipment selection, assessment of owner needs and initiating development of an overall design plan.
- Manages resources and identifies in advance the need for additional staff to help complete the design work on schedule.
- Assists in developing the engineering knowledge base. Includes engineering standards and design tools that help make the department"s designs more consistent and efficient.
- Documents project correspondence, issues, decisions and direction.
- Monitors project design budgets to identify potential design change orders
- Provides a variety of designs. Includes electrical power systems, telecom systems, lighting systems, and other miscellaneous design tasks.
- Makes appropriate modifications that are cost effective to the design systems.
- Coordinates engineering designs through a collaborative effort with Designers and Project Coordinators.
- Coordinates electrical systems with the project structural drawings
- Completes designs with a level of quality in the design documents that leads to a minimum amount of clarifications required during construction.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Updates and manages all project files. Includes maintaining employee, vendor, and miscellaneous files.
- Maintains project documentation; organizes network and hardcopy files per the Policy & Procedures Manual.
- Prepares Submittals, Operation & Maintenance Manuals and Expediting Reports.
- Maintains as-built drawings with all field changes and change documents.
- Communicates with Purchasing Dept. and outside vendors to order and expedite material.
- Purchases materials and coordinates delivery to projects.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes.
- Knowledge of equipment selection procedures including the layout of the equipment with the required equipment clearances and good design practices.
- Bachelor"s degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is required. Four (4) years of experience in electrical engineering or electrical design may substitute for education.
- LEED AP is preferred.
- EIT/P.E registration is preferred.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Physical ability to navigate jobsites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
McKinstry - 21 months ago
For over five decades, McKinstry has been creating and maintaining buildings that keep tenants comfortable and bottom lines healthy. And...