McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
Established in 1960, McKinstry is a full-service design, build, operate and maintain (DBOM) firm with over 1,600 employees. McKinstry"s professional staff and trades people deliver consulting, construction, energy, and facility services. As an early adopter of the DBOM process, the company advocates collaborative and sustainable solutions that are designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and ultimately optimize client profitability for the life of their building. While we are well known for our expertise in design build delivery, our full service offerings of mechanical, electrical, data and plumbing have been the hallmark of our success.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join the team as a member of our growing Electrical division. This person will be responsible for:
- Ensures 100% of all staff and employees work in a safe environment
- Ensures each project is delivered to the customer with the highest of quality considered
- Manages work assignments of resources assigned to project.
- Identifies and acquires necessary project resources internally and externally.
- Plans, reviews, and updates weekly project activities to ensure the timely completion of electrical projects.
- Defines project-related responsibilities to maximize resources.
- Coordinates handoffs between internal departments.
- Assists and resolves issues in customer service, support and billings.
- Ensures the proper documentation and monitoring of designated project.
- Creates a monthly billing breakdown and develops billing strategies
- Prepares Job Start and Project Closeout materials.
- Establishes and leads associated meetings
- Develops and defines electrical project strategies, goals, and objectives.
- Generates preliminary assessments, technical solutions, fee proposals, presentations, studies, and general support.
- Maintains positive working relationships with building owners, contractors, consultants, vendors and partners.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Serves as a primary point of contract for the client.
- Informs internal and external customers of new offerings and upgrades.
- Directs customer requests for product functionality enhancements to the appropriate people.
- Communicates with the General Contractor, Architect, Engineer and Owner, and represents McKinstry properly in outside meetings
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required; working knowledge of SharePoint and Access preferred.
- Knowledge of basic labor relations, including union contract requirements, hiring practices, etc.
- Knowledge of project financial management including billing, cash flow projections, etc.
- Working knowledge of task planning, resource scheduling, productivity tracking, work breakdown structures, and contract management required.
- Experience working in heavy commercial and industrial environments a must.
- Bachelor"s degree in electrical engineering or construction management is required. Fifteen (15) years of experience in electrical construction projects may substitute for education.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of project management experience is required.
- Basic electrical estimating skills required. Use of Accubid and/or ConEst preferred.
- Knowledge of various electrical systems up to 138kv distribution is required.
- Knowledge of low voltage systems (Data, HVAC Controls, Fire Alarm, & Security) is preferred.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Physical ability to navigate jobsites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.