Are you a leader and mentor?
Are you the "go to" person for C++ development?
Do you enjoy facing new development challenges and working in dynamic teams?
If your answer to those questions is an enthusiastic "yes!" then you may be the person we’re looking for to join our innovative team as a Senior Embedded Software Engineer.
As part of the Software Engineering Center, you will be an integral part of helping Raytheon Missile Systems further our vision to be the global leader in core and next-generation weapon and security solutions.
Learn more below and apply today!
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer uses and applies advanced technical principles, theories, concepts associated with C++ and ADA software development for embedded multi-processor systems.
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will provide solutions to unusually complex technical software problems using ingenuity and innovation.
Works as a self starter. The Senior Embedded Software Engineer follows and/or recommends changes to department processes and procedures and reviews software products for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy. Additionally, the Senior Embedded Software Engineer provides guidance to junior staff, guides the successful completion of minor programs, and may function in a project leadership role. Interacts with senior software personnel through both written and verbal communication. Production of documentation related to the design and release of software artifacts is required.
A Senior Embedded Software Engineer develops advanced software solutions, and impacts the successful completion of supported programs
and projects while utilizing agile software development methods, automation, and continuous integration.
Must be able to obtain/maintain DoD secret security clearance.
Required Education (including Major):
B.S. degree in the following Majors: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics
- Eight (8) years experience in an embedded real-time setting
- Experience using C++ and ADA languages
- Experience with software, test development, and integration within a DoD environment
- Experience using embedded RTOSs (e.g. VxWorks, Integrity)
- Ability to work in a closed integration lab working on hardware
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong Team-player
- Technical leadership of small teams
- Must be able to obtain/maintain DoD secret security clearance.
- Practical experience with guidance, navigation, sensing, tracking, and discriminating systems and associated algorithms is highly desired
- Experience designing and architecting real-time embedded software on multiprocessor and multicore systems
- Object oriented development
- Software source control tools and automated build environments
- Experience with Scrum
- Scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python)
- Experience adapting Board Support Packages
- Experience with system integrity and mission assurance
- MS Degree highly desired
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missile Systems
- 2010 sales: $5.7 billion
- 12,400 employees
- Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona
- World's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems
- More than 1 million missiles produced since 1954
- Broad weapons portfolio
- Smart munitions
- Kinetic kill vehicles
- Directed energy weapons
- Customers: All U.S. military services; allied forces of more than 40 countries
- Strong commitment to the global marketplace
Raytheon - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...