About the Position:
The Senior Manager of Employee Relations will monitor and manage the employee/employer relationship in a way that creates and maintains a productive employee relations climate at each Data Center.
• Monitor employee relations climate to identify trends and concerns; employ techniques to mitigate employee issues/relations.
• Ensure Data Centers comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
• Ensure a consistent investigative approach and escalate appropriate investigations to ER Director.
• Work closely with ER Director to ensure employee relations “Best Practices.”
• Identify, investigate, and resolve issues of employee dissatisfaction or conflict in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Investigate and respond to issues that surface out of New Hire and Annual Review Process.
• Investigate and respond to issues that surface out of Reductions in Force, Voluntary and Involuntary Terminations, and Exit Interviews.
• Investigate and respond to employee complaints that surface out of leaves of absence.
• Manage follow up to Investigation Recommendations.
• Owns the administrative process of terminating employees.
• Provide information to HR Teams and guidance to Data Center Managers regarding employee complaints, performance management, performance evaluation complaints, attendance, etc.
• Guide employees and management in regard to company policies and procedures.
• Enforce completion of Company’s online Compliance Trainings.
• Monitor Data Center management teams/staff and provide HR Teams with information regarding needed trainings, performance deficiencies, excellent performers, etc.
• Maintain and update internal database for all Employee Relations cases.
• Assists in the coordination of environment culture change initiatives at Data Centers.
• Assists in crafting appropriate solutions to meet business needs.
• Articulates implications of HR Programs and Business Solutions implementations.
• Participate on Leadership Teams at Data Centers.
• Participate in Reduction in Force planning.
• Participate on Committees/Task Forces as needed in regard to employee relations.
• Participate on Business Impact Analysis process.
• Participate on Business Continuity Disaster Recovery process.
• Direct employees to appropriate lines of business as per their daily needs/requests.
• Manages and controls expenditures within budget.
• Conducts training.
Requirements and Preferred Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in HR, psychology, liberal arts, business administration preferred but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience with a minimum education requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Minimum of 8 years Employee Relations experience in a manufacturing or similar type of environment in a mid-to-large size company.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong capability in maintaining a positive work environment.
• Strong capability to independently manage investigations and resolve sensitive employee relations issues.
• Experience with conducting employee survey and focus groups.
Sungard AS - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...