Conservation Services Group (CSG) is the leading provider of residential energy efficiency programs in North America. CSG has helped Americans make smart energy use decisions an important part of the way they live and work since 1984. The company designs, develops, and delivers innovative, results-driven programs. CSG employees are committed to a mission of delivering these comprehensive programs to help people use energy more wisely. Energy efficiency and renewable energy are our sole business, not one of a hundred departments in a large corporation. CSG provides proven expertise to utilities, state agencies, trade allies and homeowners, tenants, and property owners seeking to improve home durability, safety, air quality and comfort while saving money. We bring creativity and commitment to our goals of championing the development and use of safe, clean energy.
People who work at CSG say that it's a unique kind of organization — one that nurtures individual talents and inspires dedication. We share a commitment to our work and our mission. CSG has a collegial atmosphere, where people respect and encourage each other to help the environment and change the way our country uses energy. How about you; do you see yourself as a part of our team?
CSG is looking for a Senior Energy Auditor in the Columbus area. The Energy Auditor will be responsible for thorough and accurate residential audits in accordance with program energy efficiency standards and client requirements. An Energy Auditor educates home owners on energy efficiency and promotes the completion of energy efficiency improvements to home owners.
- Conduct home energy audits in residential homes, entering attics, basements and crawl spaces. Conduct combustion safety testing, blower door testing and infrared scanning to evaluate existing conditions and report recommendations for energy efficiency improvements. Determine existing insulation levels in attics, walls and basements. Conduct visual checks of age and condition of HVAC and DHW equipment. Install thermostats and water conservation devices at no cost to the customer as defined by program.
- Complete a detailed and accurate data collection form to generate list of recommended retrofits. Create detailed recommendations for air sealing, insulation and heating system replacement needs. Generate computerized report for the customer. Track and enter all required program data in an accurate and timely manner on program forms and in CSG’s audit software application. Provide proper and timely reporting of program progress.
- Interact with homeowners and tenants, answering questions regarding energy efficiency and recommend next steps.
- Promote energy saving measures recommended based on the home energy audit. Explain incentives for energy efficiency improvements that may be available.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
- BS in building science, construction or equivalent experience
- BPI certification required
- 5-7 years experience in residential construction, energy conservation, HVAC, building diagnostics, air infiltration reduction and sidewall and attic insulation
- Strong customer service, sales and client relationship management skills and enthusiasm for energy conservation
- Ability to effectively communicate technical and program concepts to contractors, consumers, and other interested people or organizations
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Computer proficiency, experience with Windows-based office applications required
- Familiarity with computerized building energy modeling software or other residential construction software required
- Travel to customer homes daily
CSG’s compensation package includes comprehensive medical coverage with BlueCross BlueShield Blue Care Elect PPO, dental coverage with Delta Dental PPO, and vision coverage with EyeMed Vision Care; Employer paid life and AD&D insurance and STD & LTD insurance coverage; Plus paid holidays, PTO, and employer matching 401(k) retirement plan.
Please apply online at: http://jobs-csg.icims.com
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Key Words: green jobs, energy efficiency, utility, conservation, BPI, LEED, weatherization, HVAC, clean energy, energy conservation, csg jobs, energy consulting, energy efficient, green energy, renewable energy