Our Interventional Specialties business is an innovator in technologies that support interventional medicine. We offer products and services used by clinicians who perform interventional procedures, such as specialists in pulmonary, neuroradiology, orthopedic surgery, thoracic surgery, and surgical oncology. The role is located in Mannford, OK and will be part of a cross functional product line team.
Accountabilities (day to day responsibilities)
Identifies, analyzes and implements new or existing technology to optimize business processes.
Designs process improvements to reduce cost, cycle time, improve quality and/or increase throughput.
Responsible for enhancing / developing processes, layout and associated tools.
Engaging with product development teams to improve manufacturability of new product designs.
Creating and reviewing process, design, and fixture documentation.
Root cause analysis for issues identified in design or manufacturing and leading subsequent corrective action projects.
Supports purchasing organization in sourcing to least cost supplier (price, lead time, quality).
What is expected of you for success in your role
In-depth experience in job family described above.
Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Determine own work practices.
Identifiy advanced implications / conclusions from the logical analysis of a complex situation or issue.
Identify specific opportunities for short and long-term change within own work area.
Act as a champion of change by demonstrating knowledge of the change process.
Make tough decisions even when they may be personally difficult or unpopular with others.
Experience with process improvement techniques (ex. Lean, Six Sigma, etc).
Strong analytical skills. Working knowledge of Excel and statistics a must.
Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
Ability to work with a cross functional team with wide ranging educational and technical backgrounds.
Possess and/or develop knowledge of applicable regulations and ability to manage process change through design control.
Motivated, curious individual that is results oriented.
- BS/MS in Engineering with 4 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in medical device manufacturing is preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing experience required (i.e. VSM, SPC, DOE, Kanban, PFMEA, single piece flow, 5S, cellular manufacturing, Poka-Yoke, Pull).
- Experience with Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) strongly desired.
- Experience with Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED) strongly desired.
- Black Belt or Master Black Belt certification strongly desired.
- Ability to train and coach others from technical expertise.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally, in writing, and in a presentation setting.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- SAP experience preferred.