We are hiring an experienced Rails Engineer who will be a member of the team responsible for maintaining and enhancing the Tout.com application. This person will work at all different levels of the application, from back-end to front-end, and have the opportunity to make a substantial difference in a small but fast-growing startup. This is a full-time position located in our offices in the South Beach/SOMA area of San Francisco.
Reports to: Vice President of Engineering
Desired Candidate Qualifications:
- Maintain and enhance the Tout.com website; build and deploy new features that attract, engage and retain Tout users.
- Build cutting-edge web applications that deliver valuable features in an easy-to-use and robust way.
- Work as part of the Engineering team to architect, design, and build systems that scale with the business.
- Constantly monitor performance and user metrics to identify issues and recommend changes and new features.
- Collaborate with the UI/UX Lead to understand and improve the user experience on the site.
- Work as part of the engineering team to improve end-user performance and site functionality.
- Translate design requirements into reliable and scalable applications.
- Develop mobile web applications for multiple platforms.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A minimum of five years experience developing web applications, and at least two years experience working on Ruby on Rails applications. Experience with video or social applications is a plus.
- BS degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent experience. A graduate degree is a plus.
- Fluency in Ruby, and extensive experience with the Ruby on Rails application framework. The candidate should have experience developing Rails 3 applications.
- Knowledge of SQL, and experience working with and writing code optimized for MySQL databases. Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience working with cloud technologies, such as Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, and Heroku is a plus.
- Comfortable in a start-up environment where innovation and change is the norm.
- A collaborative approach to development and a commitment to the teamwork required to execute on company initiatives.
- Comfort developing software in an Agile environment.
- Experience integrating with social networks such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Exposure to and experience working in a TDD/BDD environment. Familiarity with Test::Unit, RSpec, Cucumber, or other TDD/BDD frameworks is a plus.
- Ability to work directly with marketing, UI/UX, product management and users.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate complex information to diverse audiences both verbally and in writing.
Tout Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.