GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As a Senior Engineer, Internal Combustion Engines, you will be a member of the Internal Combustion Lab, which is focused on advancing the capability of GE’s IC engine portfolio . You will perform research and development in IC engine technology and systems to meet the growing needs of GE’s Transportation and Power & Water businesses.
You will work teams that conceptualize, develop and evaluate emissions reduction and performance improvement technologies for several GE engines. Your responsibilities will include guiding engine experiments as well as the use of various of analytical tools to predict and optimize engine performance.
As Senior Engineer, Internal Combustion Engines, you will:
- Lead project teams focused on developing robust combustion, performance and emissions solutions that meet GE engines product requirements
- Plan and guide the execution of analysis and experimental efforts as necessary to enable technical requirements of GE’s reciprocating engines
- Guide the use of modeling tools to predict and optimize engine performance and emissions
- Work with other engineers and researchers to identify robust engine system solutions for GE’s customers
- Own and foster the capability growth of GE’s engine portfolio by identifying and pursuing the evaluation of critical emerging technologies.
- Serve as a technical expert for the resolution of short-term technical issues
- Build relationships with technical counterparts at the GE businesses and communicate the status and merits of technologies under development.
- Doctorate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related field of study with concentration in thermo-fluids research with at least 7 years of industrial experience OR Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related field of study with concentration in thermo-fluids research with at least 11 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Strong knowledge of combustion, engine performance and emissions, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics.
- Strong understanding of the engine design and operating parameters critical to combustion as well as their optimization to realize performance targets.
- Experience in the use of analytical and experimental methods in the creation and evaluation of engine combustion and performance recipes.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, mature and deliver combustion technologies at readiness levels suitable for field operation and customer use.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, model and provide critical insight into complex physical phenomena.
- Candidate must be willing travel to GE facilities in the US or Europe once per quarter.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position is eligible for The Employee Referral Program.
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
- Background in IC engine combustion, performance and emissions. Experience running engine system simulation tools such as GT-Power
- Peer reviewed journal publications.
- Knowledge of temperature and flow measurement systems
- Experience working in teams and creating innovative technology solutions.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team
- Ability to create innovative technology solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to independently execute on projects
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 8 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...