Posting Job Title: Senior Engineer
Requisition #: 143429BR
Posting Location: Herndon, VA, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Senior Engineer for our Wireless Engineering Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
The candidate shall research current and future Wi-Fi and other wireless technologies, identify roadmap features beneficial to Time Warner Cable (TWC), drive feature development across TWC's AP vendor eco system, work with other Cable MSOs to develop and share best practices for Wi-Fi design, optimization and network management. The candidate shall support Arena, Stadium, Venue and Hospitality Wi-Fi deployments, providing technical expertise to architect the solution. Coordinate with the Project Management team to ensure on-time delivery of projects and recommend alternatives as necessary. Provide technical leadership in wireless within the engineering organization, across vendors and TWC's product development organizations.
- Develop and maintain roadmap features across Wi-Fi vendor platforms identifying critical enhancements beneficial to TWC's Wi-Fi solution
- Research current and future Wi-Fi technologies and drive vendor support for key features
- Support arena, stadium, venue and hospitality deployments providing technical expertise on developing a solution tailored for each venue
- Track and ensure on-time delivery of project deliverables
- Provide technical leadership across organizations
Education and Experience:
- Solid technical understanding of the various wireless technologies (i.e., CDMA, UMTS, HSPA, WiMAX, LTE & WiFi) standards
- 5-6 years experience designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, debugging and administering some of the following: Wireless LAN products and technologies, Wireless Access Points (LWAPP a plus), Wireless Client Associations, Wireless Controllers. D
- Deep knowledge of 802.11 protocols both at the physical and MAC layer. Solid working experience with 802.11a/b/g/i standards and knowledge of 802.11n
- Experience with rate adaptation algorithms, datapath queuing systems, MIMO systems
- WiFi product development using industry leading WiFi chipsets
- Good understanding of OFDM and associate modulation schemes
- Familiar with current wireless physical and MAC layer test tools and methodologies
- Strong IP networking protocol knowledge.
- Knowledge of 802.1Q Trunking, 802.1x, WPA WPA 2
- Understanding of RF transmissions & antenna behavior
- WLAN Security in the areas of authentication, encryption, RADIUS, AAA authentication, EAP, PSK, etc
- Linux system administration and configuration experience.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, IGMP, and Routing (Layer 2 & 3 communication)
- The following Certifications would be a plus: CWNA, CWSP, CWNE
- Experience with 3G and LTE technology would be considered an asset
- Process oriented and quality driven
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience. (MUST)
Master's degree (M.A. or M.S.) or higher a plus; or equivalent training, education and experience. (Preferred)
Lead: Assigns, trains, schedules or oversees work of others.
Travel 15 -20 %
The physical demands for this position are typical to an office environment and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a pension plan. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com. EOE/M/F/D/V
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...