Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. is the industry-leading manufacturer of high performance mobile electronics, founded in 1978. Alpine is the only manufacturer specializing in mobile multimedia, an integrated system approach incorporating digital entertainment, security and navigation products for your mobile entertainment. As a consolidated subsidiary of Alps Electric Co., Ltd., one of the world's premier manufacturers of electronic components for computer, communications and car electronic equipment, Alpine is the specialized supplier of quality mobile electronics systems.
Alpine Electronics Research of America (AOAMR) is looking for a Java EE6 Server Engineer to join our Systems Software Group (SSG). AOAMR is a small group of developers committed to creating and maintaining in-car solutions, especially navigation, for the North American market.
As an SSG Software Engineer, you will have a wide range of technical development responsibilities. Your main area of responsibility will be:
SSG's focus is on embedded and connected location based systems and services, largely centered around navigational data and features. You will work with other team members to analyze and develop complex geospatial data models; determine and document requirements; modify source code to maintain quality product updates; and contribute your ideas and technical expertise.
- Developing (maintaining and enhancing) a Java EE6 server for location based services and geospatial database
- Developing new features and updates, designing data models, tuning for performance, and analyzing system requirement
- Supporting certain subsystems for the navigational annual update database products
- Opportunities to contribute to other products and prototypes.
Minimum BS in CS or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience and minimum 3 years experience in software engineering/computer programming. The three years work experience should include: minimum 3 years working in Java EE6; minimum 3 years working in production server systems; minimum 2 years working with server performance (scalability, load balancing, etc.). Experience with geospatial data is a plus.
Non-technical requirements include but not limited to: multi-tasking; working in a team; quick learner, ability to self-study code; focus on quality; and/ ability/desire to follow processes and contribute to process improvement.
- Solid Java EE6 programming skills
- Solid SQL skills
- Experience with developing, analyzing, and testing secure and scalable Java EE6 web services
- Strong ability to analyze data relationship
- Unix experience and skills; experience with relational databases (Oracle, PostGre SQL
- Knowledge of object oriented design paradigms and design patterns
- Knowledge of algorithms; and strong problem solving skills
Preferred (in addition to the above): Experience working with geospatial data and/or systems; experience programming in C/C++
Required to sit and work with computers and touch screens. Specific vision abilities require close vision. Occasional driving to perform system testing also required.
Alpine values its members as individuals, and is committed to forming an energetic and attractive company where the quality of work is enhanced.
We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package and a great work environment.