Assist Project Engineers in the creation and/or explanation of technical materials related to our product design(s), competitive benchmarking analysis, etc. to promote COMPANY's current or new technologies to potential and current customers in order to secure new business opportunities.
- Lead the Body ECU team in the creation of product roadmaps based on market, product and technical trends, governmental regulations, customer feedback from Sales Expansion activities, etc.
- Lead product development activities in cooperation with management to ensure all project milestones are met, including design and quality targets, according to COMPANY's Quality Management System.
- Assist Project Engineers with product development according to customer requirements, related parts specifications and COMPANY's design policy.
- Advise management, as required, in the modification of product specifications in accordance with test results, and when necessary, facilitate customer negotiations to modify specification and/or test requirements.
Work Environment Requirements
- Support Company vision of Technical Independence by ensuring full integration of COMPANY's Design and Quality Management System in Company and propose system enhancements as necessary.
- Implementation of COMPANY's Model Based Design (MBD) process, for all related Body ECU(s) (1st target Sunroof). And the training and mentoring of Electronics members in MBD to include training manual and class curriculum creation.
- The individual is expected to continuously work to exceed his or her responsibilities and capabilities contributing to the success of COMPANY and COMPANY's Team Members.
Attendance/Work Hours Requirements
- Must be able to operate a personal computer and other office equipment.
- Must perform job duties onsite, except those duties that are customarily or by their nature performed offsite (for example, offsite customer visits).
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment where constructive criticism is encouraged.
- Must be able to work on multiple assignments at once, and complete assignments within deadline and budget (if applicable) with satisfactory quality.
- Must be able to operate as an effective team member.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety, and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all safety policies.
- Must comply with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must be willing and available to work a full time regular work schedule, plus other hours per day or week as are necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
- Must be willing and available to work such weekends and holidays as necessary and desirable to meet business needs.
Required Offsite Training Period? Offsite training/work may be required if deemed necessary
- Must be willing and available to travel to such locations and with such frequency as is necessary and desirable to meet business needs.
Beneficial Skills and Experience in Embedded System Design (All activities from requirements analysis to system testing)
- 8-10 years of relevant engineering experience in the automotive industry, preferably with a Tier One supplier.
- Proven leader in his or her area of expertise.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint).
Altair Engineering - 9 months ago
Altair Engineering is an information technology and product development consulting company that provides software and services to more than...