As a Senior Engineer, you will have the opportunity to direct and contribute to the concept, development, and design of complex components, subsystems, or processes while strengthening your analytical skills and mastery of engineering concepts. You will partner with and provide technical guidance to global teams. You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and coach team members, and broaden your professional network.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
As a HEX bucket Engineer, the individual is accountable to lead and collaborate across functional groups (both internal and external) in the design and development of HEX buckets systems. The primary focus will be developing HEX bucket designs that meet technical and financial requirements. This individual must be able to synthesize Voice of the Customer and Marketing data to create high value, efficient, cost effective bucket designs for the 312-390 HEX.
This position requires strong leadership and analytical skills and will have design control responsibility for the existing HEX bucket products as well as new ones developed through the NPI process. The incumbent must be highly proficient in Pro Engineer and Pro Mechanica software packages as well as posses working knowledge of fabricated structures design. Understanding of kinematic analysis tools and engineering releasing systems are desired. Business acumen is considered a plus for this position.
An accredited engineering degree
* Excellent analytical skills
* 6-9 years of progressively responsible job related experience
* Fabricated structures design and analysis experience
* High proficiency in Pro Engineer and Pro Mechanica
* Must be able to thrive in a dynamic and flexible environment
* Requires a self-starter with strong technical leadership skills
* Must have proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all process partners on a global scale.
* Master degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, or Materials Science curriculum
Caterpillar is proud of the role we play in building the world's infrastructure. The work we do drives progress for millions of people around the globe.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
May 27, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-Illinois-Aurora-AURORA01-Aurora IL Office A
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...