- Write well architected, robust, and maintainable code with good coding standards for all platforms with an eye towards usability for multiple games.
- Participate in the development of diverse core disciplines (Player mechanics/controls, AI, graphics, camera, multiplayer, tools, etc.).
- Develop and maintain network ready code to ensure that it meets multiplayer/coop functionality and requirements: client/server state replications, latency, synchronization, cheating, etc.
- Maintain code performance through profiling and optimization.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Keep abreast of latest technology and techniques and provide usability/feasibility analysis for the project's requirements.
- Provide user support in all aspects of the engine and its tools.
- Willingness to assist in all areas of game development. Work closely with designers and content creators to ensure feature development meets desired goals.
- Work collaboratively with all levels of the development team, including active participation in Spark’s agile-development process. Cultivate a positive team dynamic, and exhibit a professional attitude by demonstrating a good balance between creativity and practical flexibility.
Desired Skills and Pluses
- C/C++ proficiency and knowledge of good software engineering design skills.
- Strong 3D skills and game programming experience.
- Experience in the design and implementation of specialized game sub-systems (AI and navigation systems, camera, rendering, UI, FX, multiplayer, etc.).
- Comfortable working within and enhancing an established code framework.
- Ability to participate in gameplay design and implement design specifications.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills.
- Highly collaborative approach to development with a willingness to assist in all areas.
- Thorough knowledge of development software, Visual Studio.net
- Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills. A strong ability to work across multiple disciplines to gather feedback and address cross-functional issues. Penchant for practical innovation and the ability to bring new ideas to the table.
- Passionate player of games with an ability to analyze competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses. Broad knowledge of titles and mechanics.
- 7+ years experience.
- Unreal Engine 3 experience.
- Agile development methodologies (SCRUM, RUP, XP, etc.).
- Knowledge of client/server multi-player architecture.
- Applicants must be able to work at our Sherman Oaks, California studio.
- Email only. No visits or phone calls please.
- The Subject line of your email must reference the job title and your name, like this: Senior Engineer: Last name, First name
- Include your resume as an email attachment, preferably as a PDF or in Word 2003 or later format. Include links to online portfolio if applicable.
- Include links to online portfolio or send demo reel materials to Spark Unlimited, Attn: Engineering Dept, 15000 Ventura Boulevard, Suite 202, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403. No drop offs please.
- Make sure your resume also includes your name, address, phone, and email.
- Send email to eng-jobC0590@sparkunlimited.com
Spark Unlimited - 17 months ago
Spark Unlimited, Inc. is currently developing its fourth product, and its third product for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC release. We are not just a...