Join STERIS in its vision to see the world free from
Infection and Contamination as a
Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria using judgment in the solution of assigned engineering tasks. Must be able to solve complex problems by applying a broad knowledge of engineering or scientific principles to accomplish technical assignments within the discipline (ex. Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineering). Plans and prepares schedules for tasks and implements new/modified designs into production to achieve functional/cost improvements.
1. Conserves and effectively uses the company resources by incorporating new technological advances in the state-of-the-art and by employing improved design technology in executing engineering assignments.
2. Directs drafters in the preparation of design layouts and engineering changes.
3. Directs technicians in the preparation of development and qualification tests, analyze results, draws conclusions, and presents summary and recommendations in a test report.
4. Prepares Qualification Test Specifications and Qualification/Test Reports.
5. Prepares engineering input for product documentation and manuals.
6. Applies code guidelines and requirements to product design.
7. Performs and/or assigns engineering investigations involving calculations and/or tests in support of current products, new designs, methods, materials, or process studies.
8. Defines and leads the design, development and implement activities required to support both new products, and/or solve problems on current products, by applying broad based technical skills and acquired knowledge of several branches of science and engineering.
9. Responsible for the actual designs, and for leading the individuals developing the designs, and the drawings for a variety of components, sub-assemblies, processes or equipment in support of projects.
10. Supervises interactions with vendors, suppliers and consultants to assure engineering models and prototype parts comply with designs and specifications.
11. Provides technical support to other company and corporate groups as required in assigned areas of responsibility.
12. Maintain product/project detail records and provide engineering activity reports as required and/or agreed upon with engineering management.
13. Supports and assists with validation activities as required.
1. B.S. Degree in Engineering, (Mechanical or Electrical) or equivalent.
1. Eight years experience in an engineering field.
2. Broad knowledge of engineering principles coupled with originality and creativity.
3. Computer literacy.
General office environment. Sedentary work - light lifting and carrying, occasional bending, stooping, twisting, walking, standing, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, kneeling, crouching, pushing and pulling. Requires seeing and the ability to distinguish shape, size, distance, motion and depth. Requires hearing and the ability to speak and communicate effectively with others.
STERIS is a $1B+, publicly traded (NYSE) organization of over 5000 employees and is dedicated to providing innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and health science technologies, products and services. STERIS Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
STERIS Corporation complies with all obligations with respect to online application systems under guidelines provided by the US Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs. If you are a disabled person who requires reasonable accommodation to complete an online application, please contact the STERIS Human Resources Department by phone at 440-392-7047 or 800-548-4873, extension 27047 for assistance.
STERIS Corporation (STERIS), together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and markets infection prevention, contamination...