We are looking to add a leadership role to our Infrastructure Engineering team. Wayfair Infrastructure Engineering is responsible for supporting the internal and e-commerce systems for over 1.200 employees and a 600 million dollar internet business growing over 35% each year. This team consists of both systems and software engineers working together in true Devops fashion; focusing on Corporate Applications, Shared Support, Information Security, Systems Engineering, and Web Performance & Tools. Infrastructure Engineering is a critical component to the success of Wayfair, and provides a great opportunity for those who enjoy being part of a multi-disciplined engineering organization tackling complex challenges every day.
In 2012 we grew our engineering team from 70+ Engineers to over 180+. As the team expanded, we segmented out key portions of our architecture to be owned and managed by multiple engineering platforms. The leaders of these platforms have impressive technical depth and breadth. They are responsible for design, development, and mentorship. These leaders also partner with Wayfair stakeholders outside of engineering (i.e. Marketing, Business Intelligence, Category Management, Private Sale, Finance, HR, etc.) to help design and build technology solutions that will propel the business forward. We are looking to add such a leader to our infrastructure team. This will be a high-impact, high-visibility role that offers a chance to shape the future of technology at Wayfair and significant growth potential.
An ideal candidate has:
- Maintaining, expanding, and forecasting the production and development infrastructure needs
- Oversee a moderate sized team to lead them to successful software/system delivery
- Understand our needs, risks and making appropriate technology decisions across multiple teams/platforms
- Work with several large and complex SQL Databases
- Help develop software algorithms to streamline back end business workflow
- Be creative and resourceful to solve complex business challenges
- Improve current processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
- 5+ years directly managing and growing high potential engineers; preferably cross discipline
- Experience leading teams that develop Internet applications interacting heavily with a database
- Proven leadership skills: mentoring, coaching, collaboration; formal technical leadership desired
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent tasks and initiatives
- Proven ability to run projects through full project cycle and to deliver exceptional results, despite challenges
- Ability to discuss architectural trade-offs in large, high volume, multi-tier transactional systems
- Exceptional collaboration and influencing skills, with ability to partner cross-functionally to deliver results
- A track record for exceptional analytic, creative, and innovative problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An easy-going attitude and strong sense of humor
- A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
Wayfair, founded in 2002, is the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States. Wayfair is privately held and has raised over $200 million from leading investors including Spark Capital, Battery Ventures, Great Hill Partners and HarbourVest Partners. The company owns and operates Wayfair, AllModern, and Joss & Main. Wayfair ended 2012 with over $600 million in revenue and currently employs over 1,200 employees in offices located in Boston (HQ), Utah (Customer Care & Distribution), Kentucky (Distribution), the U.K, Germany, Ireland and Australia.
Wayfair is #16 on the Forbes list of America’s Most Promising Companies, has previously been named Private Company of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council, and selected by Glassdoor.com as a Top Company To Work For and Top Company For Well Balanced Life. It's a great time to join and help build the next great ecommerce company!
Wayfair is located in the Back Bay section of Boston, MA.
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com/
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Check out some of the code we have opensourced on github: https://github.com/wayfair
Wayfair - 19 months ago
Wayfair.com offers a zillion things home – the largest selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price...