Come join one of the San Diego region's most reputable and progressive public agencies. The Water Authority is seeking applications from qualified applicants to fill one regular full-time Senior Engineering Technician position in the Operations and Maintenance department. The San Diego County Water Authority was established in 1944 to supply the San Diego region with a safe and secure water supply. Through its 24 member agencies, including the City of San Diego, the Water Authority provides the San Diego region with up to 90 percent of its water supply. With an acute awareness of San Diego's dependence on imported water sources, the Water Authority has implemented numerous programs to diversify its water supply portfolio and protect the region’s economy.
The Water Authority’s compensation and benefits package includes medical (basic plan), dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, and Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) pension plan (employee pays 7 percent before taxes). Benefits also include: sick leave, vacation, 13 holidays, deferred compensation (457 plan), and tuition reimbursement. Employees make their own contributions to the Social Security System. Fringe benefits are subject to modification through collective bargaining.
The candidate selected for this advanced, journey-level position will be responsible for performing a full range of complex condition assessment, corrosion, and cathodic protection duties independently under general supervision. Duties will include:
- Management and evaluation of the Water Authority’s cathodic protection system
- Development and prioritization of cathodic protection projects and improvements
- Management of the Water Authority’s corrosion engineering contract
- Management of the Water Authority’s remote monitoring cathodic protection system
- Condition assessment and corrosion evaluation of pipelines and facilities including protective coating systems
- Planning, scheduling, implementing and reporting of pipeline inspections
- Development of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and management of contracts for condition assessment services
- Review cathodic protection aspects of capital improvement projects (design and construction)
- Assist with budget preparation and equipment and supply procurement and tracking
Incumbent is expected to:
· Have a thorough knowledge of the Water Authority’s facilities
· Prepare purchase order requests, service requests and work status reports
· Review retained consultants’ invoices for compliance with contract agreements; review project budget documents and prepare monthly payment requests
· Organize and maintain a variety of files and records
· Procure and maintain adequate technical and field supplies as directed
· Investigate, conduct and coordinate scheduled or emergency shut-down inspections and damage evaluations
Requires graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent, supplemented by college-level course work in civil engineering, drafting, engineering mathematics or related fields; and six years of responsible sub-professional engineering, cathodic protection, or inspection experience; or the equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid CA driver’s license is required and the ability to maintain insurability under the Water Authority’s Vehicle Insurance Policy. Certification as a NACE CP Tester, Level I is required and ability to obtain NACE CP Technician, Level II certification within 12 months.
To be considered for this position, please submit an employment Application online before the closing deadline. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Please consider applying early if you are new to the NeoGov application system to ensure timely and successful navigation. For technical assistance with the application system, please contact NeoGov at 1-888-636-4681.
All application and resume materials will be evaluated in relation to the criteria outlined in this posting. The selection process may consist of an oral board interview, skills assessment and/or other appropriate screening devices.
San Diego County Water Authority - 30+ days ago
The San Diego County Water Authority is a public agency serving the San Diego region as a wholesale supplier of water from the Colorado...