Provides supervised, mid-level, high-level and advanced support for routine activities, according to established procedures or instructions. This position is linked to an Engineering Technician 6.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following related to Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems listed below under Preferred Experience:
• Independently plans and accomplishes complete projects or studies of broad scope and complexity, or serves as an expert in a narrow aspect of a particular field of engineering, e.g., environmental factors affecting electronic engineering. Complexity of assignments typically requires considerable creativity and judgment to devise approaches to accomplish work, resolve design and operational problems, and make decisions in situations where standard engineering methods, procedures, and techniques may not be applicable.
• Prepares designs and specifications for various complex equipment or systems (e.g., a heating system in an office building, or new electronic components such as solid state devices for instrumentation equipment).
• Plans approach to solve design problems; conceives and recommends new design techniques; resolves design problems with contract personnel, and assures compatibility of design with other parts of the system.
• Designs and coordinates test set-ups and experiments to prove or disprove the feasibility of preliminary design; uses untried and untested measurement techniques; and improves the performance of the equipment.
• Plans approach and conducts various experiments to develop equipment or systems characterized by (a) difficult performance requirements because of conflicting attributes such as versatility, size, and ease of operation; or (b) unusual combination of techniques or components.
• Arranges for fabrication of pilot models and determines test procedures and design of special test equipment.
• Provides engineering and technical support for the research, design, development, modeling, analysis, tactical software/firmware support, safety analysis and engineering related logistics for the procurement, production, maintenance, disposal (life-cycle management) and related services.
Must be able to perform duties in accordance with the customer Statement of Work (SOW). Other duties may be assigned.
• MUST be a US Citizen
• Successful candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a government-issued security clearance of secret level or higher; interim may be required before starting employment.
Preference for individuals with prior experience with Marine Air Command and Control Systems (MACCS) community, including Air Defense Communications Platform (ADCP), Communications Data Link System (CDLS), Communications Interface System (CIS), Common Aviation Command and Control System (CAC2S), Composite Tracking Network (CTN), Direct Air Support Central Airborne System (DASC,AS), Mobile Tactical Air Operations Module (MTAOM).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associates degree from accredited two year college/university with four years of relevant experience.
• Courses in engineering, engineering or industrial technology, construction, physics, drafting, surveying, physical sciences, or mathematics preferred.
BENEFITS: PPO HEALTH, VISION, DENTAL, GROUP LIFE, 401K, SHORT/LONG TERM DISABILITY, PERSONAL TIME-OFF (PTO) AND 10 PAID HOLIDAYS
*All resume submissions must provide personal email for correspondence.
Tri Star is dedicated to offering high quality computing services and support. Our areas of service include: network support; database &...