Senior Enterprise Architect
HP is the world's largest provider of IT infrastructure, software, services, and solutions to individuals and organizations of all sizes. We bring the advantages of our scale, the breadth and depth of our portfolio, our innovation, and our competitiveness to our customers every day and in almost every country in the world. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
HP Enterprise Services’ U.S. Public Sector organization helps clients transform and manage their IT environments to accelerate outcomes. Our goal is to be the provider of choice for IT consulting services in the U.S. Public Sector marketplace. The HP U.S. Public Sector services portfolio includes offerings in the following areas:
This is an exciting time to join HP U.S. Public Sector! We are experiencing year-over-year growth, outpacing our market. Our teams are engaged in projects at client sites in the Washington DC area and across the U.S. for a wide variety of Federal, State, and Local government clients, and Higher Education accounts. They’re working with, and learning from, the best and brightest minds in the industry, and expanding their knowledge, skills, and abilities through HP training resources and from practical application on our ongoing projects.
- Enterprise Service Management
- IT Transformation, Strategy, and Program/Project Management
- Data Center Transformation and Cloud Computing
- Systems Integration
- Applications Services
- Cyber Security
- Infrastructure disciplines
Specific Need: Based on overwhelming demand from our clients, HP U.S. Public Sector is seeking to add an experienced Enterprise Solution Architect with skills and expertise in Data Center Services, Network Service and Workplace Services. A description of the role, duties, and qualifications for this position follows.
Job Description: The primary role of the Sr. Enterprise Architect – USPS ITO Capability Management is to provide technical leadership, direction, and strategy to the project team; to coordinate with other HP resources required to meet project objectives; and to support business development activities. The Sr. Enterprise Architect – USPS ITO Capability Management role includes the duties listed below.
Technical Leadership Duties:
Delivery / Portfolio Support and Capability Management Implementation Duties:
- Broad understanding of technical and operational interdependencies and functionality in Data Center, Network and Workplace Services operations, design and engineering.
- Working knowledge of leveraged, hybrid and dedicated delivery models
- Gathers and assesses current and future capability management functionality between and amongst WWITO and USPS ITO regions
- Identifies market based IT requirements and constraints that impact potential solutions
- Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues, and is regarded as a subject matter expert.
- Contributes to the development of new ideas and methods.
- Works on complex problems / projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly-defined policies and practices to determine the best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives
- Leads and / or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives
- Provides direction and guidance to process improvement and establishes policies; frequently represents the organization to other regions
- Understands the market and regions requirements and designs a solution that appropriately addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components with both short- and long-term implications
- Applies knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using technical standards and infrastructure; cross-industry trends that impact IT investment; industry-specific roadmaps; and IT enablers
- Develops Architecture Specification deliverables that map market and region business requirements into specific technology or operational recommendations
- Understands and applies information system or operational solution related modeling methods and tools
- Validates information systems and/or operational architectures meet technical requirements and specifications
- Understands future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business requirements
- Possesses deep knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices in data center, network and workplace service transformations and how to apply them appropriately in solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Public Sector, National Security and/or DoD IT systems, policies, and requirements is a plus
- Deep expertise with IT architectural, development, and operational methodologies
- Broad experience with architecting automated, virtualized, data center environments; experience architecting network services solutions and workplace services based on standards and automation
- Broad knowledge of HP's technology & solutions, with deep expertise across Data Center, Network and Workplace Services
- High-level understanding of the HP product/services roadmaps for multiple BU's
- Certifications in Project Management Professional (PMP), ITIL II/III Foundations highly desirable, Federal Enterprise Architecture Certification (FEAC), The Open Group Architectural Framework (TOGAF)
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Capable of traveling, working in a team environment, and providing direction
- Excellent listening, speaking, and writing skills; ability to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex and high-impact messages to multiple audience levels, including senior-level management
- Strong influence and negotiation skills; ability to translate technical or operational topics into business terms and project a trustable image
- Professional in appearance with the ability to present a positive image to USPS and WWITO leadership organizations
Sep 11, 2013
HP - 30+ days ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...