The Entry Writer is responsible for providing top notch customer service with continual improvement in mind .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Prioritize, organize and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Entry processing – 5 days prior to arrival or w/I 24 hours of receipt
- Issuance of delivery orders – w/I same day of entry processing
- Billing – accurate and timely – Billed same day sent w/I 48 hours
- OGA processing – 5 days prior to arrival or w/I 24 hours of receipt
- Freight Release – before vessel arrival or w/I 24 hours of receipt. (obl&$)
- Determine proper, legal duty rates
- Continued education of import processes, CBP and OGA Regulations
- Interface with Customs and other government agencies.
- Assist with the creation of client sops
- Ensure maximum customer service satisfaction through interaction with clients and other company business unit
- Ensure compliance of CHB/CBP policies, procedures and regulations
- Communicate effectively with: Supervisors, Management, colleagues ,Internal and external customers
- Participate and Maintain team-work and a friendly work environment
- Recommend solutions to simplify and expedite cargo flow
- Process entries and follow up on clearances in a timely manner
- Participate in Pride teams
- Post entry work as needed
- File audit
- Staff backup
- Assist with training and education of fellow staff, customers and other biz units
- Increase profit – Cargo insurance, “best in class service”, profit mark up etc
- Continuous work improvement and education
- Demurrage - Zero tolerance – “Mind Set”
- Monitor work load and file distribution
- Cross Train
- Daily guidance and problem resolution intervention
- Work closely with supervisor and communicate daily functions related to the successful operation of this position and to provide top notch customer service wit continual improvement in mind. This position is located in Memphis TN.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma, plus 3-5 years’ experience and/or training as an entry writer or in customs broker operation and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be teachable and eager to learn.
Working Skills and Attributes : Able to handle stressful situations. Able to take instructions and follow-through independently. Must have good personal organization skills and be competent at multi-tasking. Must work with utmost honesty and integrity.
Interpersonal Skills: Must have good people skills, with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a wide variety of people. Must be able to present one’s self in a cooperative and professional manner with both internal and external customers and vendors.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions. Must have the ability to compose emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely.
Computer Applications Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows operating system and be proficient in Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Browser.) Strong keyboard skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations as they relate to calculating pricing, revenue, and margin.
Reasoning Ability: Keen ability to assess situations, perform root cause analysis, and provide solutions. Ability to think things through and develop processes that contribute to enhanced organizational efficiency.
The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and perform tasks requiring repetitive use of hands. The employee must occasionally walk, stand and travel by car, airplane or other means. Employee must have the ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus.
Work Environment. This job is performed in a temperature controlled office environment. This position will have a primary work location where the employee will be located.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 12 months ago