The Atlanta office of Parsons Brinckerhoff has an immediate opening for a highly skilled, experienced and motivated National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) planner. The NEPA planner is expected to serve as a task manager, assist with various environmental tasks related to the preparation of NEPA documents, and assist with growing the environmental and planning team in Atlanta. This position will work closely with environmental and planning staff in Parsons Brinckerhoff’s south region to prepare NEPA documentation for transportation (i.e highway, transit) projects and non-transportation projects. Additional key responsibilities of this position include client management; assisting with public involvement and outreach activities; preparation of plans, studies and reports; supporting project teams; and assisting with the management and administration of environmental planning projects.
The successful candidate must be a team player and a self-starter, demonstrate strong analytical, communication, collaboration, technical, supervisory and business skills and have a demonstrated working knowledge of NEPA, including community impact analysis, environmental justice and indirect and cumulative impact analysis. In addition to knowledge of national environmental planning regulations and policy, the candidate should have a demonstrated knowledge of Georgia environmental policies and working relationships with the Georgia Department of Transportation, environmental regulatory agencies, and local governments in Georgia. The candidate should also have a demonstrated knowledge of Georgia planning practices and policies and working relationships with local, regional and state planning organizations/agencies.
Experience in Tennessee and other nearby states and experience in transportation planning, particularly transit planning, is a plus.
- Managing project tasks, including staffing, budget and quality
- Collecting, analyzing and interpreting analytic and written data (i.e. economic, demographic, fiscal, legal, etc.)
- Composing correspondence and reports for project activities
- Technical writing and report preparation
- Participating and coordinating public and stakeholder public meetings and public participation/outreach processes
- Successfully delivering projects
- Developing strong working relationships with clients and teaming partners
- Mentoring and supervising junior staff
- Assisting in growing environmental and planning staff in Atlanta
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Planning or a related discipline is required; Master’s Degree a plus.
- Minimum of at least 8 years of progressively responsible experience in environmental planning/NEPA documentation.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, the requirements of NEPA (National Environmental Policy Act) as it applies to transportation projects. NEPA experience with other types of projects is a plus.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, the requirements of the Georgia Environmental Policy Act (GEPA)
- Ability to effectively present and communicate ideas orally and in written form
- Critical, strategic and creative thinking skills
- Computer skills (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GIS)
- Ability to gather and analyze data critically and develop supporting information and reports
- Understanding of project administration and management
- Possess a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Active involvement in TRB, NAEP, or related professional societies is desirable.
- Authorization to work in this country immediately is required
- Ability to travel.
Parsons Brinckerhoff is an EOE, M/F/D/V
Parsons Brinckerhoff is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)
Parsons Brinckerhoff - 10 months ago
Senior Project Manager
Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.
Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.
- 30+ days ago
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...