Position Title |
Senior Environmental Tech
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group.
We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Purpose (e.g., key reason why the organization requires this role, why the role exists): Ensure compliance with LPDES water permit including daily, monthly and quarterly testing requirements. Maintains files and submits reports and performs other clerical functions as required by other permits and/or environmental regulations.
Individual must be knowledgeable of permit requirements, as well as other regulatory reporting requirements including the reporting formats – electronic, paper, etc.
Minimum High School Diploma/GED
Preferred associate degree, Process/Technical/Science related
General knowledge (ability to use) word processing, spreadsheets,
Operation of analytical equipment, metering equipment, sampling equipment. SAP experience a plus.
Work Experience (specify number of years and type of experience):
Minimum of three years experience in an industrial setting, preferred WWTS operator.
Need to be familiar with plant processes.
Must be able to interact with all levels of plant personnel.
Key Output/Deliverables (e.g., identify the key results produced through listing the primary five to seven duties and responsibilities of this job.):
1. Sample collection and analysis in accordance with the requirements of the LPDES water permit. Also other sample collection as required for stormwater, drinking water, groundwater, etc. Responsible for all shipments, orders, equipment, etc required to perform the necessary sampling and analysis.
2. Monitoring of the WWTS system including levee integrity inspections, discharge at the creek, water quality, equipment functionality. Communicate as necessary with operations concerning operating constraints.
3. Assist in all administrative and clerical functions which include data entry for Environmental
Reports that must be submitted annually, quarterly and monthly, maintaining files and databases, correspondence, etc. Conduct inspections of items below (at a minimum) and pursue follow up actions and ensure completion. waste water ponds inspections (seepage/erosion), DMR QA study Annual, collect quarterly drinking water coliform sampling and ship to local office, Ensure inspections are completed and maintain records of drinking water, GW monitoring (semi-annual) contractor provide assistance as deemed necessary, Collect sewage flows and provide them to POTW. Review for completeness and discrepancies the daily environmental inspections or checklist are completed by operations, i.e. visible emissions, boiler, etc. (weekly or better) and ensure records are filed, and prepare and file quarterly SARA 311, prepare and file EPCRA.
4. Enter requisitions & work orders as necessary for department. Review and receive merchandise and services using SAP. Maintain the Purchase Card logs for the Environmental Dept. Enter check requests for annual DEQ fees and mail with invoices.
5. Distribute New Chemical request, maintain New Chemical request data base. Assist SBS engineer in maintaining the MSDS database system for the DeRidder site.
6. Coordinate shipments of waste – hazardous and non-hazardous. Assist Environmental Engineer with drum shipments of non-hazardous and hazardous waste, including preparing manifests, inputting requisitions, setting up shipments, etc. and maintenance of the waste stream data base and associated costs.
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 2 years ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...