Altarum Institute is seeking a Senior Epidemiologist to play a key role on a 3-6 month Psychological Health project for a strategic federal client in Silver Spring, MD. The Senior Epidemiologist will be responsible for planning and designing research studies to analyze the health and fitness of military populations. The Senior Epidemiologist will be responsible for analyzing a variety of medical data and field / lab epidemiologic data using statistical methods.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
• Plan and design long-term studies to identify risk factors for select outcomes leading to policy changes or behavior modifications, evaluate the success of policies and identify the need for other policies.
• Identify and investigate current and archival epidemiological data in the field of PTSD and TBI.
• Assess the feasibility of proposed studies and evaluate data sources for other researchers.
• Respond to ad hoc, quick-turnaround requests and inquiries using existing and routinely collected data.
• Submit research papers for peer-reviewed journals.
• PhD in Epidemiology or Public Health.
• Expert in epidemiologic investigation techniques and data analysis based on these techniques. Superior analytical capabilities and experience with SAS, SPSS, Stata, and Epi-Info. Ability to think independently about epidemiologic problems and assess data.
• Experience in Psychological Health and related healthcare issues.
• Knowledge of DoD/MHS medical research and development process.
• Must be able to receive a U.S. Security Clearance (sole U.S. citizenship required).
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 9 months ago
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...