This position will work with the North America Business Development teams and various Equity Investment teams worldwide, serving as a the local subject matter expert regarding all of Aberdeen’s non-US equity products and strategies
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Serve as a focal point for communication regarding all non-US Equity products and strategies to North American constituents.
- Coordinate and review client and prospective client meeting information to further develop and present product information on behalf of the Non-US Equity Investment teams.
- Provide advice and consultation and present on global economic and financial issues including investment performance, portfolio strategy, and portfolio management to institutional clients, including senior level executives and financial officers.
- Effectively collaborate with relevant equity teams to support and promote assigned products and to help manage capacity pressures on portfolio managers located offshore.
- Maintain a robust knowledge of both developed and emerging global equity markets.
- Support existing business and new business development, including identifying and developing new product and business opportunities together with relevant departments.
- Express accurate and persuasive communication of Aberdeen portfolio strategy for all equity products.
- Exemplify a clear understanding of multiple product structures including separate accounts, trusts, partnerships, pools, mutual funds, sub-advisory, and offshore structures.
- Understand the current competitive market requirements and potential market developments.
- Share product structuring ideas and resources across channels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field required; CFA and MBA preferred
- A minimum of ten years of experience managing global financial equity assets for institutional clients. Portfolio management and international experience in an overseas setting is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to collaborate effectively with a team, and strong relationship management skills, including the ability to handle sensitive matters and high pressure situations.
- A deep understanding of the institutional asset management business and institutional equity investment products.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to present to sophisticated institutional clients.
- Extensive experience conducting performance attribution and other portfolio analysis. Ability to use portfolio analytical tools (including FactSet, Bloomberg, Northfield, StyleAdvisor, or similar financial analysis software) and industry publications to gather information to be used in client communications and to think independently and proactively about how to best convey information.
- Full understanding of relevant market and competitor research and database analytics.
- Strong relationship management skills and client service focus.
- Significant travel required (50– 65% travel), including international travel.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Should you wish to apply for this role, please email the Human Resources Department at email@example.com , attaching a copy of your CV with a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply.