With minimal supervision, provides full estimating(Electrical)services on large industrial, wastewater treatment, or water treatment projects of high complexity, giving administrative and technical direction.
* Perform conceptual estimates in electrical and I&C trades
* Also perform design/build, Engineer, Procure, Construction Management, guaranteed maximum price, and hard-bid estimates/proposals.
* Analyze quotations both prior to and on bid day.
* Evaluates bids of sub-contractors and suppliers for completeness of scope of work, delivery time, and compliance with the specifications and other requirements.
* Enter quantity take-off's in Timberline, material unit pricings as applicable to project.
* Recognize and apply appropriate work breakdown structure (WBS) structure.
* Ability to process and identify complete scope of project with limited levels of design definition
* Mentor and train Co-ops, Construction Specialist’s and Estimator 2's in their duties, in estimating procedures, and in the use of estimating software.
* Prepare Opinions of Probable Construction Cost estimates and Design/Build etc.
* Assist Chief Estimator in coordination of overall corporate estimating functions
* Contact subcontractors and suppliers for outsource pricing.
* Perform additional duties as assigned
All CDM Smith employees must: Follow all requirements of the company safety program. Take personal responsibility for Safety in working environment. Promote safety among peers, subordinates and supervisors.
Follow all requirements of the company quality management system. Take personal responsibility for Quality in working environment. Promote quality among peers, subordinates and supervisors.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent combinations of technical and/or related experience; Minimum 8 years estimating experience.
Construction field experience in industrial, wastewater treatment, or water treatment preferred.
* Ability to perform conceptual estimates in electrical and I&C trades and review estimates in electrical and I&C trades.
* Thorough knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing;
* Advanced knowledge of electrical and I&C disciplines
* Experience in project buy out.
* Ability to read and comprehend drawings and specifications.
* Ability to estimate many types of projects/contracts.;
* Strong personal computer skills including intermediate knowledge of estimating, and On- Screen digitizing software.;
* Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills essential;
* Fluent command of spoken and written English
CDM - 18 months ago