Performs complex duties utilizing state-of-the-art techniques and diversified knowledge of engineering and estimating principles with minimal supervision. Utilizes independent decision making for preparing conceptual documents to develop estimates. Performs detailed quantity survey and takeoffs to develop material and labor costs. Prepares final estimate and cover sheet with all costs, direct job expenses, taxes, and mark ups to be reviewed by Chief Estimator. Will assume lead role in planning, coordinating and directing the activities of a group of engineers and estimators.
1. Responsible for all aspects of competitive bid projects including multiple or complex work.
2. Responsible for all aspects of conceptual thru hard-bid and budget estimates including multiple or complex work.
3. Responsible for conceptual design including service and distribution, mechanical systems, lighting, fire alarm, low voltage systems, tele/data, instrumentation and control.
Design build projects :
- Meet with design/build team on a regular basis
- Review criteria for selecting “Engineer of Record”
- Develop scope of work and review with electrical engineer
- Provide input on construction issues
- Prepare budgets by developing preliminary one lines, lighting calculations and layout of equipment and systems
- Do trend estimates and final control estimate to make sure design follows budget
- Develop Value Engineering and other options knowing advantages and disadvantages of each
- Review budgets with historical information
- Sell Owner/General Contractor on revised scope and budgets
- Review scope and quotations and assist the construction department in developing schedule
- Ability to determine labor units and make adjustment for level of difficulty.
- Prefer working application of Accubid.
- Intermediate level expertise in Microsoft Work/Excel/Outlook.
- Ability to prepare custom spreadsheets in Excel.
- Ability to take an estimate from the beginning to a finished product.
- Ability to direct, supervise and coordinate responsibilities within the estimating team.
- Must have capability of managing different job tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to build and maintain client contacts and relationships with owners, developers, general contractors, architects, engineers, and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of two years of experience as an Electrical Construction Estimator or equivalent.