Job Title: |
Sr. FOIA Reviewer (Analyst)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Day to day functions):
- Provide FOIA/PA review and processing of pending, complex FOIA cases.
- Scan FOIA support documents related to cases assigned into the FOIA database.
- Prepare documentation for, and draft responses to, FOIA/PA requests, coordinating proposed disclosures of information with entities within OFAC and agencies outside of OFAC.
- Process submitter notices associated with specific FOIA cases.
- Provide initial analysis of submitter objections.
- Redact documents in accordance with OFAC FOIA protocols which include annotating appropriate FOIA exemptions on records.
- Process draft responses to submitters of objections to release of information in OFAC records.
- Generate draft response letters to requesters detailing OFAC’s FOIA review and release determination.
- Maintain complete and detailed case notes on all assigned cases.
- Support OFAC litigation efforts, in coordination with the Assistance Director of Disclosures Services, OFAC, by crafting Vaughn indices, declarations, affidavits, answers to complaints, and supplemental releases.
Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Secret Clearance
- 3 year’s experience performing FOIA analysis work
- b(4) Exemption Experience
- Computer skills required: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
- Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company’s goals
- Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
- Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal
- Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to Lift up to 20 _ lbs, bend, reach, carry, stoop, kneel, climb, etc.
This position is performed in a traditional office environment .
FCi Federal - 10 months ago