Senior FOIA Analyst
Central Research – Washington, DC 20002
Minimum 12 years Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) analyst experience required.
These are positions that may come available in the future.
Competitive pay based on experience
Central Research is an award winning small business located in Northwest Arkansas that provides contract support services to state and federal government agencies as well as Freedom of Information Act support services. We take pride in our quality of work and attention to customer service. Central Research is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business that aims to create a strong vibrant business that employs veterans and disabled veterans.
Now seeking an experienced Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) analyst for contract work in Washington, DC. For a senior, high value position at MARAD
- Expert knowledge of Freedom of Information Act and its amendments
- Knowledge of legal interpretations of the FOIA as it affects exemptions and release of documents
- Knowledge of reporting requirements under FOIA and the OPEN Government Act
- Good communication skills demonstrated by written and oral experience, qualifications, and education
Central Research is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce. All applicants must be able to pass a background check and U.S Government Security Clearance Investigation. Central Research drug tests all new hires. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- Provide FOIA/PA review and processing of pending, complex FOIA cases
- Scan FOIA support documents related to cases assigned into the FOIA database
- Prepare documentation for, and draft responses to, FOIA/PA requests, coordinating proposed disclosures of information for several entities within the agency
- Process submitter notices associated with specific FOIA cases
- Provide initial analysis of submitter objections
- Redact documents in accordance with agency/entity FOIA protocols which include annotating appropriate FOIA exemptions on records
- Process draft responses to submitters of objections to release of information in records
- Generate draft response letters to requestors detailing the FOIA review and release determination
- Maintain complete and detailed case notes on all assigned cases
- Support agency litigation efforts, in coordination with the office of disclosure, by crafting Vaughn indices, declarations, affidavits, answers to complaints, and supplemental releases
Please apply at:
Central Research is a Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE) certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB),...