- Aequitas Capital Management, Inc. (“Aequitas Capital”), with nearly $500 million in assets under management, is a credit-focused investment management firm that builds income-producing alternative investment solutions to institutional and high net worth clients. With our lending and fund management platform, we focus on high yielding strategies within education, healthcare and private credit.
The Senior Financial Analyst works with the Director of FP&A and other finance and accounting colleagues to serve as a strong partner to the executive team of Aequitas and its operating companies. You will partner with business unit leaders and other finance teams across all levels of the organization to manage the forecasting, planning and reporting processes. The ideal candidate will deliver innovative and effective analysis across the organization to help the leadership team manage the Company more effectively. In this role, you will work closely with the Director of FP&A to take ownership of key work streams and analysis to help understand the operational performance of the entire organization, leading to actionable strategies that will help implement change, create efficiencies and accelerate growth.
• Drives annual strategic planning and budgeting processes including establishing assumptions, spreadsheet modeling, consolidation, analysis and presentation preparation.
• Actively identify and lead the development of high impact value-add analysis on business drivers, trends, and risk/opportunities by utilizing both internal and external data.
• Manage the preparation of monthly and quarterly business updates, including presentation materials for the executives, the Board, and external stakeholders.
• Critically review Finance's processes and procedures to achieve consistency, effectiveness and efficiency throughout the organization.
• Understands the business unit's operations and identifies business insights, trends, opportunities to reduce costs, or business areas for improvements.
• Proposes, initiates, and implements changes resulting from analysis. Researches, collects, and analyzes data for business implications and clearly presents general and detailed financial analysis.
• Lead key analyses for senior management including identification and presentation of KPIs and benchmarks
• Creates and updates ad hoc financial models and measurement tools. Performs analytical projects and participates in projects as requested. Translates data into information.
• Prepare and present various monthly and weekly operating metrics to monitor business performance including business unit profitability and sales pipeline reporting
• Analyzes variances of actual expenditures vs. budgeted and forecast for revenue and overhead projects, identifying key variances and tracking corrective action. Clearly communicates financial data in reports, narratives and outlines.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the company
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• BS/BA in Finance or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
• Familiarity with GAAP and management accounting a must, CPA a plus
• Five years of progressive experience in a finance or strategic planning role
• Demonstrated record of serving as an agent for change
• Experience in financial service / private equity a plus
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Advanced Excel capabilities
• Ability to understand and interpret financials from a variety of different industries
• Highly organized with the ability to efficiently and accurately multi-task
• Ability to complete multiple projects on time and with minimal supervision, which often serve different departments and contain conflicting deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven ability to work effectively with, present to, and influence executive level management
• Flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment
• Willingness to uphold the philosophies outlined in The Aequitas Way
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
• Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
• Ability to sit for long periods of time
Aequitas Capital offers a competitive base salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability benefits, as well as an employer-match 401(k) plan.