Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individuals to fill the position of Senior Facilieis Engineer within our Facilities and Construction group based in Houston.
- Develop projects budget and track costs.
- Manage assigned surface facility projects by complying with project best practices and project management guidelines.
- Accountable for project HES performance and project compliance with MOC, PHA, and PSSR standards.
- Accountable for scope, schedule, budget, and risk management of assigned projects.
- Make recommendations on contract strategy and contractor selection for assigned projects.
- Generate long-term facilities and equipment repair/replace/upgrade strategies.
- Generate facilities best practices to assure field life performance and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure all change orders are managed per project change order guidelines.
- Bachelor degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 10 years of project management experience
- Strong working knowledge of contract strategies including EPC, EPCM, reimbursable, incentives
- Experience with project justification analysis and presentation
- Experience with risk management and contingency planning
- Strong working knowledge of large capital project management practices
- Working knowledge of project definition rating index procedures (PDRI)
- Working knowledge of procurement strategies and procedures
- Strong working knowledge of relevant industry codes such as API, ANSI, ASME, NACE, NEC and NFPA
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Ability to work multiple projects concurrently
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, technical and field personnel
- Ability to develop technical and economic recommendations with incomplete information
- Ability to manage contract specialty engineering services.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Occidental Petroleum - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company — one of the largest...