Our client is a privately held biopharmaceutical company focused on the research, development and commercialization of molecular transport agents. They are seeking a qualified Sr Facilities Technician to join their team. This is a Contract to HIRE role and is accompanied by a competitive compensation package.
Description of Duties:
- Under limited supervision perform maintenance and upkeep of office areas, laboratories, utilities, and manufacturing area and equipment.
- Repair, overhaul, and perform preventative maintenance on utilities and equipment to include but not limited to HVAC systems, plant steam and clean steam systems, purified water and WFI systems, chilled water system, and clean compressed air, nitrogen, and vacuum systems.
- Repair, overhaul, and perform preventative maintenance on manufacturing equipment to include but not limited to dry heat oven, autoclave, process chiller, and pumps.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with equipment and systems.
- Ensure compliance by other department personnel with cGMPs and company procedures and policies.
- Assists department management with coordinating, prioritizing, and assigning daily work load.
- Perform initial review of maintenance procedures performed by outside contractors. Ensure timely submission of records and logs to department management.
- Communicate intra- and inter-departmentally to assist in scheduling and execution of repairs and planned maintenance.
- Oversee job specific training of new department personnel.
- Promote cohesive team oriented atmosphere within the Facilities Department and externally.
- High school diploma, AA/AS in technical discipline.
- Journeyman skilled craft training/apprenticeship certificate or commensurate combination of technical education and experience.
- 5+ years maintenance experience in a GMP manufacturing environment. 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- Organizational skills, written and oral communications skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Able to work overtime, off-shifts, and week ends as required.
- Must be capable of lifting and climbing, spending extended periods of time on feet.
On Assignment - 19 months ago